Santa Fe Questions

agenova

SBH Member
I am trying to sketch out dining plans for next week's visit with my wife and another couple and had a few questions regarding Santa Fe. We went often under Manu's ownership and made it once for lunch on our last visit. My questions are as follows:

1. For the high season, are they still closed all day on Tuesday and Wednesday?
  2. What day do they usually have the fresh moules available under their current schedule?
  3. Would you recommend lunch, dinner or both? Was thinking we'd do a dinner early in the trip to try the new "suckling pig" dish and follow up with a lunch for moules later in the week if that is when they are scheduled to be on the menu.

Many thanks for advice and guidance!

Santa Fé is closed all day on Tuesday and Wednesday. They may also be closed for Saturday dinner, but I'm checking on that.

Moules are usually available on Friday, barring delays in shipping. They likely won't know until Thursday afternoon if the Moules have arrived. I reserve both the table and the Moules at the same time. Lunch also has the benefit of Valet Parking.

I like your dinner/lunch plan. If you were only going to do one, I would recommend lunch, in order to best appreciate the view.

Reservations can be made via an email to contact@santafesbh.com

We love Santa Fe' and David is a great Owner. We usually do both a lunch and dinner during our week long trip. Looking forward to next Friday Moules. I'm also looking forward to his scrumptous Octopus. May have to go three times, want to also try the Suckling Pig dish. I will have no objection from my family, they all love Santa Fe'.

Thank you both for the comments. Dadto6 - We may see you at lunch next Friday. I grew up in Oakton, VA so if I see you I'll try to say "hi" and introduce myself.

Hello Agenova,
My older children attended Flint Hill School in Oakton. Please do not hesitate to stop by and say hello anytime you might see us about town. We arrive 11th through 18th.
Bob Gelles

Small world indeed! My wife (Anne) and I (Dave) will keep an eye out for you as we are there the 10th - 18th. Safe travels!

Small world indeed! My wife (Anne) and I (Dave) will keep an eye out for you as we are there the 10th - 18th. Safe travels!

I have an update on Santa Fé hours for the next few weeks:

This week, closed Tuesday 1/8 and Wednesday 1/9 all day, and Saturday 1/11 for lunch.
Next week, closed Wednesday 1/16 all day, Saturday 1/18 for lunch.
After that, closed Wednesdays through the end of March.

Thanks Kevin. As always, your posts are very helpful and much appreciated. I look forward to taking our first timer friends there for at least a lunch and sharing the experience with them.

Dave

Simple answer. Family is important to the Santa Fé team. The last two weeks have been stressful for every restaurant on St Barth. This week will likely be slower than the weeks to come. Now is the perfect time for rest, recovery, and family time.

David was at L'Ardoise the evening after we ate at Sante Fe. He was with his family and friends, remembered us and came over to our table and thanked us for eating at his restaurant. A true gentleman.

David was at L'Ardoise the evening after we ate at Sante Fe. He was with his family and friends, remembered us and came over to our table and thanked us for eating at his restaurant. A true gentleman.
. . . totally agree -- always a gentleman!

We enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Santa Fe today. I started with the Foie Gras Terrine, followed by grilled lobster. Others in our group ordered the suckling pig, octopus, burgers, lobster salad, the list goes on. Therefore, we enjoy family style, I got to try a taste of the pig and octopus as well. David was a fine host, as were all his staff. Never make a bad decision when you choose Santa Fe, they are firing on all cylinders.