Rosemond is home

I'm sure that every single one of Rosemond's family and friends are thrilled that he is back on St Barth, as are we, but my thoughts keep returning to his Mother. How thrilled must she be to have him home for Christmas?

This.

Welcome home...the magic of the island will do wonders in speeding up Rosies recovery
all the best health and happiness for the holidays and the new year

Welcome home, Rosemond. The island wasn't the same without your joyful presence. It be wonderful to see you and celebrate.

Prayers from so many answered, the wonderful support teams of family, friends, professionals all involved...a Christmas miracle, what better Christmas gift for Rosemond, Ellen & all of the Forum members rooting for them.

Thanks everyone. Rosemond did a great job getting back to SBH and has been doing okay since he got here. He limps along leaning heavily on his cane... and we haven't been out much... Amazing how non-disability-friendly this island is, even public buildings like the museum do not have a ramp, but they should, right?

Thanks everyone. Rosemond did a great job getting back to SBH and has been doing okay since he got here. He limps along leaning heavily on his cane... and we haven't been out much... Amazing how non-disability-friendly this island is, even public buildings like the museum do not have a ramp, but they should, right?

I used to book restaurants with no or little steps for Phyllis

I can picture Ellen spearheading the campaign to make this island and all that it offers more accessible for folks with disabilities

I used to book restaurants with no or little steps for Phyllis

yes that's what I'll do, making a list, so far Tamarin, Au Regal (entry by the bar), Le Repaire, Zion, Bananiers, Wishing Well (I think), Esprit has only 2 or three steps, not sure about the new Sand Bar (anyone?), Shellona (on the beach)....

Hmm. A list of accessible restaurants has value. Having had temporary hip and knee problems, I understand that you really don’t understand and appreciate accessibility until you yourself need accessibility.

I’ll have to think about how I might add accessibility to my Resto List. Without thinking about it much, it’s not as simple as a Y/N flag, it requires a comment. One step up to the rear entrance to Santa Fé, or the one step up to Orega, is a world of difference from how ever many steps it is up to L’Isola. I’m wiling to think about this, but I’m not sure that I have the available bandwidth (time while I’m on vacation) to pull it off. Even if I do, my opinion from a visual inspection may be wildly different from someone who actually requires accessibility. But I’ll think about it.

Le Repaire, Eddys, Tamarin, Au Regal, Les Bananiers, Chez Rolande, La Langouste, Le Select were the restaurants that had easy access. I was able to drive right up to the door of Langouste. Does St Barts give out handicap placards for cars?

Andy that is a great question to ask when renting.

Santa Fe Has a door with .one step. QG no steps. Maya’s a bump to an entry ramp.

Hmm. A list of accessible restaurants has value. Having had temporary hip and knee problems, I understand that you really don’t understand and appreciate accessibility until you yourself need accessibility.

I’ll have to think about how I might add accessibility to my Resto List. Without thinking about it much, it’s not as simple as a Y/N flag, it requires a comment. One step up to the rear entrance to Santa Fé, or the one step up to Orega, is a world of difference from how ever many steps it is up to L’Isola. I’m wiling to think about this, but I’m not sure that I have the available bandwidth (time while I’m on vacation) to pull it off. Even if I do, my opinion from a visual inspection may be wildly different from someone who actually requires accessibility. But I’ll think about it.

Kevin and moderators, wondering if there is a way to make the base of (list of just names) Kevin's resto/markets list interactive? Between Andy and others, there is already some specificity about less abled access. With so many of us here, and the season under way, me thinks we could come up with comments and notes for most restaurants/public places? Also, wondering if anyone has encountered some sort of transportable ramp-like structure that Ellen could keep in the car?