Rosemond is home

andynap

Senior Insider
[h=2]December 18, 2019[/h]
Journal entry by ellen lampert-greaux — 1 hour ago
Good morning from sunny Saint Barth! I have been meaning to post since we got back on Sunday but the time has flown by... Rosemond did very well with the flight back, he even made it up the steps of the plane on his own. We flew on St Barth Commuter, which has very nice Cesna Caravans, a million times better than the plane for Air Antilles Express. Our friend Jean-Marc Césaire came with us, which was a great transition from Guadeloupe to Saint Barth and as he is also vice-president of our film festival association, we met with the accountants twice to do all the annual paperwork and to prepare the fund raising request for the Collectivity, and I will drop that dossier off this morning (only two days late but I hope they will excuse us...). There was a wonderful welcoming committee at the airport, including Jo-Anne and Albert, and Art and Lindy, and a few members of Rosemond's family. Our first stop was Flamands to see Rosemond's mother, an emotional reunion for him.
Rosemond now has a nurse, Anne-Françoise, who comes every morning, and a physical therapist, Patrick, who comes to the house as well at around 11am for a one-hour session. We are comfortably settled in at my sister-in-law Juliette's house, which has a fabulous view of the lagoon in Grand Cul-de-Sac, and we can even see our little bungalow being built from here. Still a work in progress but I hope we can move there in February. I have been to our old house a few times to work and Jean-Marc stayed there and it will be sad to leave it behind, but what has to be, has to be... We hope to go to the opening of an exhibit at the museum in town tonight... more on that later.
Meantime a very special thanks to Randy Gurley of Maya's and Maya's To Go...!

Fantastic news, Ellen. I am sure you are frantic but know this update is appreciated by all your and Rosemond's fans!

This is wonderful news! It’s wonderful all the progress Rosemond has made and thrilled that he’s back on home turf with you, Ellen. We continue to keep your family in our prayers. God bless you!

Gayle and Gary
:heart1:

Best. News. EVER! I love it when God answers prayer that I'm able to see with my own eyes. Sending continued prayers for the new normal you get to navigate.

I'm sure that every single one of Rosemond's family and friends are thrilled that he is back on St Barth, as are we, but my thoughts keep returning to his Mother. How thrilled must she be to have him home for Christmas?

So glad to hear positive news! May God bless Rosemond as well as you and your families for the holidays.

. . . my thoughts keep returning to his Mother. How thrilled must she be to have him home for Christmas?
I had exactly the same thought, Kevin. Not only home for Christmas, but also simply to be able to see & hug him after seven months! . . . hard to find much that competes with the bond of Mom & child.