family friendly villa

amyhorrocks

SBH Member
Hello! My husband and I have been to the island 4 times now...many moons ago, when we were baby-less!!! Now, we've got a 2 year old and a 7 month old in tow and are dying to get back to our favorite place. Can anyone suggest any properties that are better geared towards hosting families? We are open to any location on the island and fall into the more 'affordable' category than not (would be traveling in May or June). Thank you for your insight - greatly appreciated!!

Case et Cuisine in Marigot and Petit Pont in Lurin. We’ve stayed in both with younger kids...bedrooms are all under the same roof.

Thanks, Tiffany, for your recommendation of Villa CEC!

We had one family who came annually for 12 years, starting with their son at 2. Then he turned 14, and the distraction of sports & teen friends overtook his love of what he called “my favorite pool!” Mom & Dad promise that they’ll be returning, but more serious priorities are keeping them at home right now! I have a feeling that we’ll see our 2 year old visitor again . . . maybe with friends at 22?

We had one family who came annually for 12 years, starting with their son at 2. Then he turned 14, and the distraction of sports & teen friends overtook his love of what he called “my favorite pool!” Mom & Dad promise that they’ll be returning, but more serious priorities are keeping them at home right now! I have a feeling that we’ll see our 2 year old visitor again . . . maybe with friends at 22?
My pleasure! You have a beautiful home.

We have never stayed at CEC with young children; just friends. For me it is the best pool we have stayed at. Keep an eye on the 2 year old.

I suggest the 2 or 3 bedroom villas at Les Ilets. The location offers the flexibility to stroll to the beach from your front door without packing up kid stuff and worrying about car seats, and be right there for naps and snacks. There's a large family-friendly pool and the breakfast fairy leaves fresh croissants and a baguette each morning with a free coffee set-up by the pool.

You'll also be able to walk down the beach (assuming there's still no fence) to Pearl Beach, 'Lil Rock, Eden Rock, Nikki Beach and the shops and restaurants of St. Jean.

Hi Tiffany: Can you please advise the best (or most reliable) villa rental agency on SBH? I see that many of the rental agencies list the same villas on their website; and wondering who the best to deal with is. Thank you!

I have always recommended that people use a rental agency with a physical presence on the island, and an established track record. Six which come to mind are WIMCO (which owns this site), St Barth Properties, Sibarth, Ici et La, Premium IV, and Marla Villas.

We have been extremely pleased with Happy Villa Rentals, they have a presence on the Island with offices in Gustavia. Best part of Happy Villa Rentals is that they do not charge the typical 10% services charge. We find that we are happy to pocket the 10% commission with no compromise in services. Happy Villa Rentals know their properties very well, their staff are St. Barths residents and business people well connected.

Hi Tiffany: Can you please advise the best (or most reliable) villa rental agency on SBH? I see that many of the rental agencies list the same villas on their website; and wondering who the best to deal with is. Thank you!

We have used WIMCO, St. Barths Properties, Premium IV and Sibarth for our rentals as well as two owner-direct properties. We have received great service from all of them, but I have to give a slight edge to WIMCO's on-island team...they really make you feel special and appreciated as a client while you are there. All of the agencies mentioned want to make sure you get the perfect villa for your family; I don't think you'd be disappointed working with any of them!

now you are speaking my language!

Thank you for the suggestions, everyone!! Very helpful.

I suggest the 2 or 3 bedroom villas at Les Ilets. The location offers the flexibility to stroll to the beach from your front door without packing up kid stuff and worrying about car seats, and be right there for naps and snacks. There's a large family-friendly pool and the breakfast fairy leaves fresh croissants and a baguette each morning with a free coffee set-up by the pool.

You'll also be able to walk down the beach (assuming there's still no fence) to Pearl Beach, 'Lil Rock, Eden Rock, Nikki Beach and the shops and restaurants of St. Jean.

Walking across the beach in front of the runway is still forbidden when the airport is open. You can probably do it very early in the morning, or after the airport closes for the day, but that's about it.

Walking across the beach in front of the runway is still forbidden when the airport is open. You can probably do it very early in the morning, or after the airport closes for the day, but that's about it.
One of those simple things. Similar to crossing a road. Look both ways before crossing. I'm guessing the accident rate is higher on road crossings. The nanny state is taking over in this world.

Don't get in a motor vehicle, don't walk up and down stairs, don't go swimming, don't fall asleep in case of fire, all which you are more likely to die from.

Kevin, do we know if that prohibition is actively enforced and, if so, what sort of penalty is attached?
Are they still employing the water cannon on violators?