Last Full Moon of the Decade

didier

Senior Insider
I believe tonight december 12, 2019, is the last full moon of this decade, its called the cold moon. its been a good decade for me! but I am always looking forward!

Full moon party?

you know it!

gonna be a little wet though. raining most of the day and very windy. voyager is advertising how they can get you to sxm when the planes cannot, although I imagine it will be a rock and roll ride today.

you know it!

gonna be a little wet though. raining most of the day and very windy. voyager is advertising how they can get you to sxm when the planes cannot, although I imagine it will be a rock and roll ride today.

Travel between the airport and Voyager will be a problem unless the Gendarmes get the roads cleared. There are protests taking place on St Martin, with roadblocks, burning cars, tires and pallets, tear gas being fired, and rocks being thrown.

SAT IT AIN'T SO!

Yes, the Friendly Island is having troubles for sure.

The St Martin protests are not a local version of the Pension Protests in Paris. These are about the French government denying people the right to rebuild in low-lying areas post-Irma, with an added factor of the ongoing problem with Bromates in the drinking water, which has been remediated on St Barth, but not St Martin.

I believe tonight december 12, 2019, is the last full moon of this decade, its called the cold moon. its been a good decade for me! but I am always looking forward!

We were at Sereno for dinner tonight, and I shot this with my phone.

IMG_0687.JPG

That poor island. Although it never has, given its proximity, the thought of the troubles boiling over to SBH or at least into SXM does cross my mind. I remember years ago when Guadeloupe was having similar ‘protest’ problems. Fortunately Ouanalao continues unimpeded.

That poor island. Although it never has, given its proximity, the thought of the troubles boiling over to SBH or at least into SXM does cross my mind. I remember years ago when Guadeloupe was having similar ‘protest’ problems. Fortunately Ouanalao continues unimpeded.

Does anyone remember the near-riot at the SBH airport when the French government sent tax authorities to SBH to enforce collection of certain French taxes? It was some time in the early 90s, as I recall. Island residents were so outraged upon learning that French fiscal agents were arriving that they converged on the airport to stop the agents from carrying out their mission. Gendarmes were called to the airport to protect the agents from what was described as an unruly mob, and the agents never left the airport . . . being sent packing on the next flight.

There are certain spots in the world that are magical. St. Barts is one of them. I also had the privelage to see Macho Pichou in Peru when my son was working in Cusco. A trip that was completely devoid of other tourists until we arrived at our destination.