Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: We have arrived!!

  1. #1
    Mrsm6-7-08 is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Jan 2013 Long Island Posts: 216

    We have arrived!!

    Today we sailed from Antigua to Gustavia. Took about 7 hours with some 6-8 foot seas but the boat handled great. And we didn’t get sea sick.

    We anchored at first and then the marina was so kind to offer us a boat slip. We are facing Louis Vuitton. What a great location. It has always been our dream to arrive here by our own boat. We had our first dinner at Eddy’s which was outstanding

    We have been dreaming about the chocolate spring rolls all year. I had the chicken with truffle sauce it was amazing.

    Name:  C48563F9-D1AC-456E-AF68-98DDB86FC290.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  256.3 KB
    Name:  0EE07D98-F79F-4AEA-A9E0-C8575E183F1C.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  248.7 KBName:  A89FCBCD-4AF7-4A53-AC85-83B839A98ECC.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  170.0 KB

  2. #2
    KevinS is offline
    Senior Insider Joined: Jul 2003 Boston Posts: 20,499

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Welcome! Congrats on the transit under sail from Antigua to St Barth.

  3. #3

    Re: We have arrived!!

    By boat, fantastic! You surely have strong constituents to get through 7 foot seas.

  4. #4

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Constitution

  5. #5
    amyb is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 26,593

    Re: We have arrived!!

    At last...welcome back.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

  6. #6
    stbartshopper is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 9,168

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Welcome to Paradise!

  7. #7
    cassidain is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Ailleurs Posts: 6,622

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsm6-7-08 View Post
    It has always been our dream to arrive here by our own boat. ]
    Very cool !
    Not something I recall reading on the forum before.
    I think we have a few other real sailors among us, n’est-ce pas?
    Fils du Sud - Ministre de la Santé

    If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

  8. #8
    GramChop is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Austin, Texas Posts: 17,260

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Welcome back! What a fantastic entry into the island. Thank you for posting the chocolate nems; I often dream about those delicious little things.
    The waves of the sea bring me back to me.

  9. #9
    cec1 is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 5,846

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Very festive reporting! Enjoy!

  10. #10
    bkeats is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2010 Nuevo York Posts: 611

    Re: We have arrived!!

    What is the boat? At 7 hours, you were averaging around 10-12 knots I guess.

    First time I came to St Barts, we had bashed to windward from Anguilla in a 33 foot sloop. Probably took seven hours too though we were probably making only 3-4 knots headway.

  11. #11
    Rosemary is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2010 New England Posts: 4,352

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Please show us a picture of your boat! We used to sail down from New England, and the feeling of joy upon swishing into the harbor remains with me still. Enjoy your stay and the camaraderie of the port.

  12. #12
    cassidain is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Ailleurs Posts: 6,622

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
    Please show us a picture of your boat! We used to sail down from New England, and the feeling of joy upon swishing into the harbor remains with me still. Enjoy your stay and the camaraderie of the port.
    I was hoping you would respond to this thread, Rosemary
    Fils du Sud - Ministre de la Santé

    If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

  13. #13
    Rosemary is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2010 New England Posts: 4,352

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cassidain View Post
    I was hoping you would respond to this thread, Rosemary
    Cass, I am trying to figure how to attach pictures from way back when. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your family in New York. Merry Christmas, and I will try.

  14. #14
    Izzy is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2016 Posts: 673

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bkeats View Post
    What is the boat? At 7 hours, you were averaging around 10-12 knots I guess. First time I came to St Barts, we had bashed to windward from Anguilla in a 33 foot sloop. Probably took seven hours too though we were probably making only 3-4 knots headway.
    The passage may have been on a very nice Azimut motor yacht that made the trip from English Harbor to Gustavia that day... a sailor by preference, I could adjust and would have a hard time leaving the boat for a villa as mrsm plans... I'll leave it up to mrsm if she wants to share pics of the boat rather than posting pics of what I think is the boat...

  15. #15
    cassidain is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Ailleurs Posts: 6,622

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
    Cass, I am trying to figure how to attach pictures from way back when. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your family in New York. Merry Christmas, and I will try.


    Perhaps our friend iJEK can help with those technical issues ?
    Fils du Sud - Ministre de la Santé

    If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

  16. #16
    Rosemary is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2010 New England Posts: 4,352

    Re: We have arrived!!

    I hope so Most importantly, Mrsm has arrived, safely and happily. Enjoy every moment!

  17. #17
    KevinS is offline
    Senior Insider Joined: Jul 2003 Boston Posts: 20,499

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
    Cass, I am trying to figure how to attach pictures from way back when. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your family in New York. Merry Christmas, and I will try.
    JEK's instructions can be found here, and I've also sent my friend Rosemary a PM offering assistance in posting.

    https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/sho...oid-PC-Mac-too

  18. #18
    Mrsm6-7-08 is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Jan 2013 Long Island Posts: 216

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    The passage may have been on a very nice Azimut motor yacht that made the trip from English Harbor to Gustavia that day... a sailor by preference, I could adjust and would have a hard time leaving the boat for a villa as mrsm plans... I'll leave it up to mrsm if she wants to share pics of the boat rather than posting pics of what I think is the boat...
    Thank you everyone. We were going about 14-15 knots I was told.
    The boat is called tail lights and I’ll attach a pic

    And absolutely don’t want to go to the villa tonight. We want to stay on the boat!! But the. Boat is here til Sunday and then it leaves to pick up charter in st Thomas. So we will enjoy it as much as possible. It is a very different experience staying in Gustavia in walking distance.

    Name:  101A1131-D56D-420B-B801-0E8C6D8C9CF4.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  377.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  19. #19
    GMP62 is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2015 Martinsville, NJ Posts: 1,778

    Re: We have arrived!!

    A very nice way to travel and arrive on St. Barth!! Enjoy your time on Tail Lights and your stay in paradise!

    Gayle

  20. #20
    Izzy is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2016 Posts: 673

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsm6-7-08 View Post
    Thank you everyone. We were going about 14-15 knots I was told. The boat is called tail lights and I’ll attach a pic...And absolutely don’t want to go to the villa tonight. We want to stay on the boat!! But the. Boat is here til Sunday and then it leaves to pick up charter in st Thomas. So we will enjoy it as much as possible. It is a very different experience staying in Gustavia in walking distance.
    They told you correctly:
    Name:  IMG_6817-2.jpeg
Views: 429
Size:  69.2 KB

    Beautiful boat... Downside is that even the villa you have lined up can seem a letdown! Docking in town makes a big difference - even with a nice tender for transport from the anchorage.

  21. #21
    Mrsm6-7-08 is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Jan 2013 Long Island Posts: 216

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    They told you correctly:
    Name:  IMG_6817-2.jpeg
Views: 429
Size:  69.2 KB

    Beautiful boat... Downside is that even the villa you have lined up can seem a letdown! Docking in town makes a big difference - even with a nice tender for transport from the anchorage.
    That is so cool!! It is magical being able to stay right in town.

    Yesterday we had an insanely amazing lunch at Le Sereno. The service was top notch. And the food was fabulous

  22. #22
    stbartshopper is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 9,168

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Glad to hear about Sereno. We will be at Al Mar soon!

  23. #23
    Izzy is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2016 Posts: 673

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsm6-7-08 View Post
    That is so cool!!
    Keep track of her and go along vicariously on Marine Traffic or one of the other AIS apps...

  24. #24
    didier is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2005 flamands Posts: 5,168

    Re: We have arrived!!

    did you get your problem resolved with the car rental?

  25. #25
    PeterLynn is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Mar 2014 Houston Posts: 361

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsm6-7-08 View Post
    That is so cool!! It is magical being able to stay right in town.
    Hardly the same level, but this past May, we spent a pre-villa night at the Sunset in Gustavia. Loved being in town.

  26. #26
    Hawke is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: May 2011 Posts: 971

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterLynn View Post
    Hardly the same level, but this past May, we spent a pre-villa night at the Sunset in Gustavia. Loved being in town.
    I'm with you. We were given a three bedroom villa in Flamands years ago. Spent many sunsets at Carl Gustaf and the lighthouse over the years. Also at the villa Duarde. There is nothing that compares to St. Barts

  27. #27
    Mrsm6-7-08 is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Jan 2013 Long Island Posts: 216

    Re: We have arrived!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Keep track of her and go along vicariously on Marine Traffic or one of the other AIS apps...
    The boat is heading out tomorrow morning to St Thomas to pick up charter guests. So we will be here another week. So far we have had an amazing time this season. Bagatelle Friday night, to much smoke but the food was outstanding. Saturday night Le Ti not to much smoke and amazing dinner and the show is totally new with some extremely talented women. And then today Nikki beach. The highlight of the trip so far. Food was also amazing. love being here

Similar Threads

  1. Arrived
    By Pool Man Bob in forum St Barts Island Main Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-30-2014, 05:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •