We have arrived!!

Mrsm6-7-08

SBH Insider
Today we sailed from Antigua to Gustavia. Took about 7 hours with some 6-8 foot seas but the boat handled great. And we didn’t get sea sick.

We anchored at first and then the marina was so kind to offer us a boat slip. We are facing Louis Vuitton. What a great location. It has always been our dream to arrive here by our own boat. We had our first dinner at Eddy’s which was outstanding

We have been dreaming about the chocolate spring rolls all year. I had the chicken with truffle sauce it was amazing.

C48563F9-D1AC-456E-AF68-98DDB86FC290.jpg
0EE07D98-F79F-4AEA-A9E0-C8575E183F1C.jpgA89FCBCD-4AF7-4A53-AC85-83B839A98ECC.jpg

Welcome back! What a fantastic entry into the island. Thank you for posting the chocolate nems; I often dream about those delicious little things.

What is the boat? At 7 hours, you were averaging around 10-12 knots I guess.

First time I came to St Barts, we had bashed to windward from Anguilla in a 33 foot sloop. Probably took seven hours too though we were probably making only 3-4 knots headway.

Please show us a picture of your boat! We used to sail down from New England, and the feeling of joy upon swishing into the harbor remains with me still. Enjoy your stay and the camaraderie of the port.

Please show us a picture of your boat! We used to sail down from New England, and the feeling of joy upon swishing into the harbor remains with me still. Enjoy your stay and the camaraderie of the port.

I was hoping you would respond to this thread, Rosemary :blush-smile:

What is the boat? At 7 hours, you were averaging around 10-12 knots I guess. First time I came to St Barts, we had bashed to windward from Anguilla in a 33 foot sloop. Probably took seven hours too though we were probably making only 3-4 knots headway.

The passage may have been on a very nice Azimut motor yacht that made the trip from English Harbor to Gustavia that day... a sailor by preference, I could adjust and would have a hard time leaving the boat for a villa as mrsm plans... I'll leave it up to mrsm if she wants to share pics of the boat rather than posting pics of what I think is the boat...

The passage may have been on a very nice Azimut motor yacht that made the trip from English Harbor to Gustavia that day... a sailor by preference, I could adjust and would have a hard time leaving the boat for a villa as mrsm plans... I'll leave it up to mrsm if she wants to share pics of the boat rather than posting pics of what I think is the boat...

Thank you everyone. We were going about 14-15 knots I was told.
The boat is called tail lights and I’ll attach a pic

And absolutely don’t want to go to the villa tonight. We want to stay on the boat!! But the. Boat is here til Sunday and then it leaves to pick up charter in st Thomas. So we will enjoy it as much as possible. It is a very different experience staying in Gustavia in walking distance.

101A1131-D56D-420B-B801-0E8C6D8C9CF4.jpg

Attachments

• 101A1131-D56D-420B-B801-0E8C6D8C9CF4.jpg
    101A1131-D56D-420B-B801-0E8C6D8C9CF4.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 609
A very nice way to travel and arrive on St. Barth!! Enjoy your time on Tail Lights and your stay in paradise!

Gayle

Thank you everyone. We were going about 14-15 knots I was told. The boat is called tail lights and I’ll attach a pic...And absolutely don’t want to go to the villa tonight. We want to stay on the boat!! But the. Boat is here til Sunday and then it leaves to pick up charter in st Thomas. So we will enjoy it as much as possible. It is a very different experience staying in Gustavia in walking distance.

They told you correctly:
IMG_6817-2.jpeg

Beautiful boat... Downside is that even the villa you have lined up can seem a letdown! Docking in town makes a big difference - even with a nice tender for transport from the anchorage.