Another great trip

ccg

SBH Insider
Just sitting here on the patio over looking the harbor and watching the planes land, enjoying another visit to SBH. We are 1 week into this trip and it has been great! I still can’t figure out how time goes so quickly!

We started our trip in L’Orient at Les Mouettes, since the Villa was not ready. What nice place. Having morning coffee and croissants from the bakery while listening to the ocean this really the best way to start the day! The surf was up the 1st 2 days, so the surfers were out in force. Great entertainment! Way too many cars!!! Wednesday it took 20 minutes to get from the grocery store in Gustavia to the Baz :mad: Now it was noon but still. No parking at all, that I saw. We have had no issues finding parking at the beach lots, but the Marche U lots has been full every time. We ended up in the paid gated lot once, but were out before having to pay.

Restaurants so far: Le Repaire, Manapany, Santa Fe (lunch) Tamarind, Aux Amis Plage, Lil Roc, Grain de Sel, Les Bananiers - still planning Zion and Santa Fe (dinner) and the rest will just fall into place depending on how we feel. No negative comments about the food or service at any location. We were very impressed by the staff today Aux Amis. They look ready for high season. Manapany was also a nice surprise.

I finally got to meet Amy and Phil last night! It only took 12 years:happy1: Sorry to have interrupted your dinner, but I had to say hello.

I love our time on the island! There is just something here that I absolutely love!!

charlotte

Attachments

• EC9338DE-0193-48A1-92F6-B7D5A3D9BDE9.jpg
    EC9338DE-0193-48A1-92F6-B7D5A3D9BDE9.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 497
Charlotte and Bill, the Lurker, you are on a roll and doing great. You are hitting some wonderful spots for lunches and dinners. We liked meeting you too. Thank you for stopping by. There is always time to get to know the friendly forum folk!

Vincent from PIV told us that the island's population on Thanksgiving weekend was about equal to a Christmas week. He doesn't recall that occurring before.

Sounds like you are on a roll, Charlotte. I would rank meeting Phil and Amy, forum royalty, as a highlight! I wish you better parking options for the rest of your stay!

Vincent from PIV told us that the island's population on Thanksgiving weekend was about equal to a Christmas week. He doesn't recall that occurring before.

Heard the same thing from our friends that work at Bonito. They said every day of Thanksgiving week was absolutely crazy and just like Christmas week. We were there for a 9pm table on 11/29 and the place was jammed.

And I echo the comments about cars and traffic. Wow, never have I ever! Something about jams in Lorient by JoJo, then jams in St. Jean near ER, slight reprieve then more halts by all the shops by airport, start/stop going into Gustavia...once lined up and was the 4th or 5th vehicle lined for the paid lot. It went by quickly though.

Our villa was in Pt. Milou and easily a 25-minute drive into Gustavia during the 8am, noon and 4-5pm hours.

Glad you guys are having a great time! Sorry to miss our traditional cocktails with you. Enjoy the rest of your time on the island.
mb and Randy