spa day

didier

Senior Insider
absolute best pedicure I have ever had. dda loved the massage also. we started at 11 a.m. to beat the rush.

when I had called yesterday, they said 175 euros for a day pass, pedicure is 75 euros. after the pedicure was finished, I am being charged 105 euros, I said no that cannot be correct, it is 75 euros. the girl then said, but we put polish on your toenails. she said its 75 euros for the pedicure then 30 euros for polish, doesn't polish normally come with a pedicure? its regular polish, nothing special. I feel this is bad business practices. nothing was said when I was in the room getting the pedicure other than which polish would you like today.

the lunch was beyond good, the new chef they have is amazing. dda had tuna sashimi for an appetizer, beef tataki for the main course with sweet potato fries and then the dessert was the chocolate souffle, everything was exceptional.

we then went for a swim in the infinity pool, an amazing afternoon.

IMG_1330.JPG

IMG_1334.JPG

This past spring, Anita and I had a similar situtation develop when signing up for the Special which included massage and lunch. OH, but it did not include this and that when I inquired why the bill exceeded the advertisement. Left me feeling taken advantage of. As nice as the lunch was, will not return for other services. Too many other options for services. Reiterating, the food is very good.

Le Barthelemy hotel Dennis.

You should give this place a try if you are still here, the food is the best!

Ahhh...yes! We did do a spa day there. Massage for me, Facial for Lisa followed by lunch. We LOVED it!

I spoke with the spa manager this morning and asked why I was told the pedicure was 75 euros when in reality it was 105 euros. He said a "simple pedicure without polish" was indeed 75 euros. I asked him how many women get a simple pedicure? He said he did not know but the prices were on the website and that I was free to check them out. I have gotten pedicures all over the world, hong kong, paris, new york, baltimore, never have I been asked to pay for the polish at the end of a pedicure.

I then asked him why not tell me over the phone the actual price as no woman in the world goes in for a pedicure and says no polish please ,unless it would be for health reasons.

He did not have an answer for that, I told him that asking an extra 30 euros for polish," its just plain polish by the way", is like going into an restaurant and ordering a salad and when you go to pay, the price is raised 30 euros because I had asked for oil and vinegar on my salad. its absurd.

The manager said if I refund the 30 euros will you be happy? I said I think that would be the right thing to do under the circumstances since the person on the phone never mentioned that this was going to be a "simple pedicure". However I would be happier if he just informed people who inquired about the price of a pedicure to mention that the price was 105 euros, but could be reduced to 75 euros if they did not want polish.

I called 3 other hotels and spoke with the spas at each hotel, they all said that they had never heard of charging for a regular polish, they all thought it was quite odd. I asked them also well if I get a pedicure without polish can I get a reduced rate, and they all said no, the rate is the same with or without polish.

cheval blanc 85 euros
christopher 115 euros
manapany 60 euros
le barthelemy 105 euros

As you see the price varies for a pedicure around the island. manapany wins

I just heard from the manager of the hotel, he was extremely nice. He apologized for the misunderstanding with the spa and said he wished to make it up to me. He proposed lunch compliments of the hotel for 2 persons. I thanked him and said how very nice of the hotel and that I would accept the lunch.

I was surprised to say the least. I suggested to him that when someone calls the spa that they are completely informed about all charges, as I did receive an excellent pedicure and I felt that it was unnecessary to put the person who does a wonderful job with the pedicure to be put in this uncomfortable position when its time for the customer to pay.