A Parking Guide for St. Barthelemy

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
Kevin/ JEK/Dennis/ Andy/Ellen/ Eddy-
I believe you know more about the island than any of us- What are your thoughts about putting together a parking map of where the lots are, the legal places to park- streets etc. all say in green maybe and in red the illegal places to park.
An explanation of the manual clock the rental companies give you, the pay parking lots downtown etc. A comment on the legality and where, if at all, a vehicle can have two wheels on the curb. Tips on parking at specific restaurants such as Santa Fe, Shellona, Maya’s, Eden Rock... I believe Manypany, Barthelemy, Cheval Blanc and othere require valet parking? Nikki valet I think is 20 Euros up front? Where are the pay lots and theirpricing? Tips for parking at the Supermarche and in the St. Jean area... What are ideal times to come to Gustavia and elsewhere for parking and when not to and so on...
This could be like the annual restos with updates as needed?
Given the recent various threads on ticketing with 135 Euro fines, this is an area where the Forum could be helpful to all of us.
Maybe a document could be provided to the rental car companies they could give to us on behalf of the St. Barth Forum welcoming us to the island.
Then again, maybe all of this is wishful thinking and too much work and the emphasis should be on only Ott, rays, water, sand, meals, naps, shops and smiles.
Thank you for your consideration.

Just got back...like landed at midnight.

Parking is worse than ever with all the construction being part of the problem.

Our villa was the first driveway up the hill from the "Goose" and workers parked all along the side of the road and twice, we had to chase one from our clearly marked private drive.

That said, we parked up on the curb many times in "town" for dinner, shopping, short errands, etc.

The lot across from Pearl Beach was pretty full the 4 days we went there but we found parking each time.

Nikki is indeed 20e I belive. L'Isola 15 or 18. Eden Rock is free but we only used it when we went for drinks twice and dinner once. I suspect folks are parking there and heading to St Jean beach.

I did tip 5e each time.

Kevin/ JEK/Dennis/ Andy/Ellen/ Eddy-
I believe you know more about the island than any of us- What are your thoughts about putting together a parking map of where the lots are, the legal places to park- streets etc. all say in green maybe and in red the illegal places to park.
An explanation of the manual clock the rental companies give you, the pay parking lots downtown etc. A comment on the legality and where, if at all, a vehicle can have two wheels on the curb. Tips on parking at specific restaurants such as Santa Fe, Shellona, Maya’s, Eden Rock... I believe Manypany, Barthelemy, Cheval Blanc and othere require valet parking? Nikki valet I think is 20 Euros up front? Where are the pay lots and theirpricing? Tips for parking at the Supermarche and in the St. Jean area... What are ideal times to come to Gustavia and elsewhere for parking and when not to and so on...
This could be like the annual restos with updates as needed?
Given the recent various threads on ticketing with 135 Euro fines, this is an area where the Forum could be helpful to all of us.
Maybe a document could be provided to the rental car companies they could give to us on behalf of the St. Barth Forum welcoming us to the island.
Then again, maybe all of this is wishful thinking and too much work and the emphasis should be on only Ott, rays, water, sand, meals, naps, shops and smiles.
Thank you for your consideration.

https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/showthread.php/79746-Bleu