Restaurant Galawa closed

didier

Senior Insider
Galawa closed last week and they have no plans to re open. I think another restaurant may take its place. I am sorry to see this place go as their food was always good.

I always enjoyed Galawa, they had a divine salted caramel sundae for dessert. Food was consistently good also!

Where will Didier eat lunch now? Enquiring minds want to know, LOL!

The construction for the new restaurant behind Galawa had kept me away. When I could park along the harbor and walk up one block, Galawa was convenient. Once that side street was closed for construction, getting to Galawa became more of a PITA.

My guess then is the parking issue was a major determinant in the restaurant’s demise. Sorry to see a spot people liked go by the ‘wayside.’

I'm with you Kevin, exact same reason we did not dine at Galawa the last two trips. It proved to be too much of a pain to park near the harbor and find our way around all the plywood construction walls that blocked our typical walk path to Galawa. Sadly going to miss that place, thought we would go back as soon as the adjacent construction was finished up, guess not now :(