Parking tickets being given at Marche U

didier

Senior Insider
Lucky me, another parking ticket. they gave out about 25 tickets to people parked along the road beside of marche U, mostly tourists.

there is a sign on the right side prohibiting parking , but the left sign is obscured near the entrance, so hard to see. I have parked here for many years. I spoke with one of the police officers as I know her, I was in the store no longer than 15 minutes, she said they are only now starting to enforce the parking since its nearing high season. there is a parking lot across the street that is free for one hour, you pay after an hour. guess I will park across the street in the future.

So ridiculous and totally unnecessary. Really annoys me to read about this ticketing situation.
We all spend a good amount of hard earned money to enjoy our limited time in the paradise we love so much a time or two per year. There’s no good reason to bust our chops, residents especially!! Leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

That 60-minute free lot is 90% full 90% of the time. Do the rental agencies have a special arrangement to stash cars there? There is grass growing around some of them.

So ridiculous and totally unnecessary. Really annoys me to read about this ticketing situation.
We all spend a good amount of hard earned money to enjoy our limited time in the paradise we love so much a time or two per year. There’s no good reason to bust our chops, residents especially!! Leaves a bad taste in my mouth...
If the “no parking” zone had not been enforced for some time, I think the traffic police should have initiated its enforcement policy with “warning” notices for a couple of days before delivering tickets. On the other hand, I don’t find it to be “busting chops” for parking restrictions to be enforced when there’s an adjacent, free parking lot.

By contrast, the no parking restriction along the road in Flamands truly seems to be ridiculous when there are so many residents there with no other parking availability. In this situation, it seems that the Collectivite must act to provide alternative parking or get rid of the signs that prohibit parking in the area.

If the “no parking” zone had not been enforced for some time, I think the traffic police should have initiated its enforcement policy with “warning” notices for a couple of days before delivering tickets. On the other hand, I don’t find it to be “busting chops” for parking restrictions to be enforced when there’s an adjacent, free parking lot.

By contrast, the no parking restriction along the road in Flamands truly seems to be ridiculous when there are so many residents there with no other parking availability. In this situation, it seems that the Collectivite must act to provide alternative parking or get rid of the signs that prohibit parking in the area.

the free parking lot was indeed full Dennis, and also I had went around once already looking for a space in front of the marche u, but it is saturday so nothing was available, when I came back around, someone was pulling out on the side, so I got his space beside of the store, I had parked there many times in the past. yes, a warning would have been nice, but they don't give warnings here, only tickets. this parking situation may end up hurting the island's tourist business, as most of the cars ticketed were rental cars. I also agree with Kevin, the rental car agencies are using the adjacent parking lot to park their cars, another reason why the free lot was full today.