Returning to SB

dsrc

SBH Member
Hello, hello,

How are you my dear SB forum friends. My SB trip is approaching and I would love a bit of update of how things are doing in my lovely island. This will be our 11th consecutive year. I am sure that most of you have been in SB longer than that

Few questions for you.

Are the building works of the gigantic EDEN ROCK hotel finished? The hotel now looks so big that the entire little Saint Jean beach has changed for ever.

What happened with Grand Fond. Last year a mega villa has devoured an entire slope of the Scottish looking hill, ruined for ever the wild aspect of that spot.

I know that the road was a bit dangerous in Grand Fond and that the hurricane made it worst but doing up that section of the road looking like a cheap style provincial town it is a little upsetting. They could have done something better then that.

And the ongoing endless villas constructions... so many now that one day you will not be able to see the hills anymore.

But we still love SB despite all the above... I am a bit of an old fashioned guy.

ER is open, but I'm told that work won't be completed until March. Cheval Blanc has reopened. The Carl Gustaf was supposed to reopen this month, but I'm hearing that the reopening has been pushed to February.

Grand Fond hasn't changed much in the past year.

Villa construction is indeed endless.

the island has had rain and is quite lush now. No Sargasso worries. Come and enjoy.

dsrc, one place on St Jean for you to check out is Lil'Rock, a new locally owned beachfront restaurant that is reminiscent of an older St Barth. It's the closest thing to La Gloriette which exists at the moment. Travelling from ER towards the airport, it's immediately after the Emeraude Plage fence, about 100 yards in. If you adjust your seating so that you face towards the airport side of St Jean, you won't even see ER.

dsrc, one place on St Jean for you to check out is Lil'Rock, a new locally owned beachfront restaurant that is reminiscent of an older St Barth. It's the closest thing to La Gloriette which exists at the moment. Travelling from ER towards the airport, it's immediately after the Emeraude Plage fence, about 100 yards in. If you adjust your seating so that you face towards the airport side of St Jean, you won't even see ER.

I am excited to try Lil Rock, the year it opened we left the day before and then the following year it wasn’t opened at all. I hear great things