Check AA flights

GeorgeD

SBH Insider
American Air just changes our flight from Miami by over two hours so we would now land at 4:30 pm.
not 2:30. We had to totally rebook our intended schedule.
Keep your eyes open for AA notices.

G & J

Hi George,
The same thing happened to us for the trip we just returned from. We booked about 8 months out when we decided to go for Le Select’s anniversary. Within about 8 or 10 weeks after booking AA changed to a 2 day return. Because we got the tix at a great price we hung on and kept checking for a better return option while watching prices on other airlines. Finally gave up on AA and booked United. AA is not reliable at this time.
Good luck!

AA changed our flights as well. We went from a seemless one day arrival to an overnight in SXM and Delta on the return.

AA has 737 MAX 8 issues that eliminated a good chunk of their fleet.

I have just had a flawless series of AA flights from Philly to Vegas and back and Philly to SXM the other day on my way back to Guadeloupe.. but better not to jinx my luck I guess....

It's classic bait and switch. When I booked my March flights in early September, American was by far the earliest flight out of JFK (7:10am). They just changed it to 8:29am and so I had to pay 25 euros each to switch my Winair flight. I just checked Delta and Jetblue and they fly out of JFK at about the same time, 8:30ish (Jetblue a little earlier). I would NEVER have booked American over Delta had I known the flights would have left at the same time. And American knows it, and that's why they do this bait and switch schedule. I will never book American Airlines to SXM again. In future I will choose the better airline over the more tempting departure time. Live and learn but I am clearly pissed off!