Friday, 13th travel šŸ˜¬

Bilnan248

SBH Member
Greetings! Heading to SB in less than 2 weeks. Super excited about it. We are addicted and have another trip planned in April.

My husband and I booked our flights on AA back in the spring for a perfect Detroit to Philadelphia to SXM flight arriving before 2pm.

It was changed and now we are on different flights arriving in SXM at 417. Too late to fly over on SBC or Winair. We booked on points and that is the only AA flight into the island. We are not rebooking on another airline.

We have been to SB many times but never in December. After much deliberation and trouble solving we see the only solution to get to paradise in to take The Voyager from Marigot at 645. It seems too close to try to make the 545 Great Bay Express from Philipsburg.

We took the ferry from Marigot to Anguilla in April for a couple of days and it was uneventful.

Any thoughts or feedback? Should we purchase ferry tickets on The Voyager before?

I just read another post about someone with a travel day like ours that was successful. No problems with our return. SBC booked.

Thanks!

Nancy
(PS Iā€™m not usually so superstitious!)

If your plane lands on time, you will catch easily the ferry. Just 15 mn to reach Marigot terminal from Juliana. Travel is pretty long (90ā€™) but at least you will sleep in SBH same day. Sometimes, in december, sea may be rough, so in order to avoid seasisckness I would sit outside.

and yes buy your tickets online before.

Have a safe travel to my former home.

Sorry AA changed your flight. It is happening to many of us . Daddy Le Cool is giving you good advice. If you are willing to spend more, you might consider contacting Premium IV and working with them to book a private charter flight to the island. The risky part though is the SBC airport closes up tight at basically sunset and if your SXM inbound arrives late it would not work out.

I find that no day is unlucky when the destination is St Barth. I also try to fly on days that end in the letter ā€œYā€

I find that no day is unlucky when the destination is St Barth. I also try to fly on days that end in the letter ā€œYā€
I'm with you. Being superstitious only slows you down. Everyday ,good things happen and bad things may happen. what is the alternative?

We arrived to late saturday for the last Winair flight to SBH. Scrambled to find a ferry & took the 6:50 out of Maragot. Taxi charged us $20 & purchased tickets at the dock for just under $200. Arrived About 8:00. The French guy who sold us out tix was kind to call our car rental & inform them of our arrival. Was greeted with a welcome sign & our car. Maybe the best part was the sea was a smooth as glass due to slight winds at our back side... no waves at ALL! The boat wasnā€™t full at all & purchasing at the dock was no problem at 5:30PM. Understand that the calm seas are rare & usually rough. Also if your 100% sure of taking the boat, best to purchase ahead.

Years ago from PHL on AA to I think it was Barbados on a Friday the 13th & we'd been upgraded to 1st class...barely off the ground when from my window seat I could see the fire trucks moving, the flight attendants looking at their instruction books as they moved quickly to main cabin after we were told returning to airport & assume the bracing position...my 1st marriage which didn't last more than 13 months took place on the 13th, a Sunday, & our most recent home address prior to SC was #13. So Phil do you think I fly on a Friday the 13th ?

Unlike Nancy, Friday the 13th are my lucky days. I remember, as a teenage, on two successive Friday the 13ths, I found cash while walking on the sidewalk in town. I felt as though it might be joke, like the scam where a $100.00 bill is tied to a string, as the person reaches for the bill, it moves away. It was not a joke, made my day brighten.

PS to my post, seemed that our AA flight was hit by birds as we took off, so safe landing, re-scheduled for later flight that day & still flying, but from SAVannah.