Found Wallet at Shell Beach

didier

Senior Insider
went for an early swim at shell beach this morning and found a metal wallet with an atlanta drivers license and several credit cards,

if anyone on here has a son that was born in 1996, email me on this forum. last name is abbott.

I have tried to look for this person on social media with no luck. very unusual not to be on some form of social media at 23 years of age.

I will either turn this into the local police station tomorrow, or perhaps I should just mail this to the person in Georgia, so he gets it when he arrives home? any suggestions? the downside might be if he has changed his address since he received the driver's license. its such a pain to get a new license.

Might be an idea to email Wimco, SBP, and a few of the other rental agencies. The problem is that the person might have come from one of the cruise ships. Maybe you can check the last couple of days arrivals. lt's a tough call for you, but it's probably going to ruin someones vacation.

Phil

Maybe try contacting the CC companies - they likely can notify him by email and/or mobile phone.

I sent a message to someone on linkedin, same age lives in atlanta, we will see, good idea phil on contacting rental agencies. I will try that too.

Maybe try contacting the CC companies - they likely can notify him by email and/or mobile phone.

I agree because he's most likely reported the cards as stolen and given the banks his current contact info. They could definitely relay to him that the wallet was found. Hopefully he's still on the island.

yes, he just renewed his driver's license in october 2019, so the address is prob current. his license is good till 2025

How fortunate you found it! I'd call Shellona and tell them you have it in case the person contacts them.

Several years back our beach bag, with wallet inside, fell off the back of our Moke on our trip home from Saline.
Upon arriving at our villa we discovered it missing and went back and retraced our steps with no success finding it.
We arrived back at our villa and went to office of Le Village to tell them our woes..Bertrand had just gotten off the phone with our car rental agency who called to say our bag had been found...apparently a lovely young local women found it in the street..she went through our wallet to find car rental receipt...she arrived shortly to return our bag...happy to have our trip saved and she was rewarded with a nice bottle of champagne...

went for an early swim at shell beach this morning and found a metal wallet with an atlanta drivers license and several credit cards,

if anyone on here has a son that was born in 1996, email me on this forum. last name is abbott.

I have tried to look for this person on social media with no luck. very unusual not to be on some form of social media at 23 years of age.

I will either turn this into the local police station tomorrow, or perhaps I should just mail this to the person in Georgia, so he gets it when he arrives home? any suggestions? the downside might be if he has changed his address since he received the driver's license. its such a pain to get a new license.
Very nice of you to go through all this trouble. If you happen to find a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses, the sea ate mine at Flammands in October...….

That is exactly what I was going to suggest.
The credit card company will be able to reach him within minutes by mobile phone.
If he has already left SBH, at least he’ll know it will be safely returned to him by mail.
Hopefully, he hasn’t cancelled all his cards yet.

If it were me, the first place after Shellona would be the lost and found at the police. Agree his address could have changed and I would worry if I just sent all the ccs off to whatever it says in his wallet. The island is so small that my guess is Abbott would get to the right place at the police fairly wuickly. Could also place a note “Found wallet” in Le News classifieds.

I tried the credit card number on one of the cards, capital one platinum, they were of little help, said to dispose of the card and they would put the card in as a lost card, they refused to email the client, said it was not their job.

I think if I lost a cc on an island like SBH.... I’d cancel asap. That could get a seriously high balance rather quickly. Of course if its reported lost/stolen your most likely off the hook. Replacing driver’s license etc, are usually the biggest pain

I think if I lost a cc on an island like SBH.... I’d cancel asap. That could get a seriously high balance rather quickly. Of course if its reported lost/stolen your most likely off the hook. Replacing driver’s license etc, are usually the biggest pain

the credit card company said the card had not been reported lost or stolen yet, so I assume he has not reported the other cards either. odd don't you think?

the credit card company said the card had not been reported lost or stolen yet, so I assume he has not reported the other cards either. odd don't you think?

You had mentioned turning wallet over to local police in your initial post. Given that the owner has not reported the card lost and that it was a wallet r/t just a dropped card or two, that seems like a good idea...