Found Wallet at Shell Beach

Good News! I found him. I used RocketReach search, its a free service, but unless you are a professional, you won't be on their list. He was on the list with his email address, phone number.

I called him and he was so happy, he said he stopped by shellona yesterday and this morning to see if anyone turned in a wallet. but he had already left the island when I reached him, he said he still had friends on the island and they would pick it up at shellona this afternoon.

so all is well that ends well. funny thing, I called shellona yesterday and told them I had found a lost wallet and gave them my phone number, I guess they did not relay the message to the receptionist. the receptionist was so surprised when I dropped off the wallet, and told me the story about how frantic the guy was that was looking for his wallet.

Feels good, like watching the end of a good movie, which I am doing tonight, love the old movies, tonight's feature "Its a wonderful Life." one of my favorite christmas movies.

Good News! I found him. I used RocketReach search, its a free service, but unless you are a professional, you won't be on their list. He was on the list with his email address, phone number.

I called him and he was so happy, he said he stopped by shellona yesterday and this morning to see if anyone turned in a wallet. but he had already left the island when I reached him, he said he still had friends on the island and they would pick it up at shellona this afternoon.

so all is well that ends well. funny thing, I called shellona yesterday and told them I had found a lost wallet and gave them my phone number, I guess they did not relay the message to the receptionist. the receptionist was so surprised when I dropped off the wallet, and told me the story about how frantic the guy was that was looking for his wallet.

Feels good, like watching the end of a good movie, which I am doing tonight, love the old movies, tonight's feature "Its a wonderful Life." one of my favorite christmas movies.

You're a good woman Diana. :up:

Diana . . . also known as "George Bailey" (from It's a Wonderful Life!).

I love a happy ending. That was incredibly kind of you, Diana. I hope he uses that platinum card and sends you a nice bottle of champagne.

thanks all, I was just doing what I considered the right thing to do. and the best reward I could get is if he pays it forward.
I received a nice note from his sister on facebook, she said this renewed her faith in people, such a nice thing for her to say.

Glad it turned out well for everyone! So good of you Diana.

When I was about 6, I found a dollar bill in a library book and turned it into the checkout desk. About a month later, the dollar was returned to me via USPS with a note that
no one had claimed it. As a six year old, I was thrilled, of course, and learned a big lesson.

You deserve all the accolades, Diana. Your extraordinary efforts to find the owner are a great example of kindness and good will, especially during the holiday season. If this man returns to the island some day, perhaps he will look you up and thank you in person.