Where Am I #11

KevinS

Senior Insider
Where can this plat be found? It may not be photogenic, but it surely does taste good!

12B8A822-EE63-4E01-83D4-0AEB56D23CA1.jpg

That is indeed the Suckling Pig Pulled Pork from Santa Fé. It was excellent - good flavor, good texture, pretty plate. It’s not NC Pulled Pork, but if that’s what I wanted then I would be in NC. I’m going back there in a few days for Mussels, but if the Mussels don’t come in I’ll have the Pulled Pork again. Here’s a better picture showing the whole plate:

6857E039-BEB2-4AE9-ADA4-34D08A04029A.jpg

Any thoughts on this dish versus the sweetbreads? We'll probably go to Santa Fe for lunch for the mussels during our one week stay in January and might do a dinner there as well. Both the suckling pig and the sweetbreads caught my eye when you circulated the updated menu. Thanks.

I’m not much for “parts”. I’ll eat sweetbreads if they’re put in front of me, but I don’t order them. The suckling pig may be the best thing that I’ve eaten this week. For me, it would be suckling pig all day long.

Any thoughts on this dish versus the sweetbreads? We'll probably go to Santa Fe for lunch for the mussels during our one week stay in January and might do a dinner there as well. Both the suckling pig and the sweetbreads caught my eye when you circulated the updated menu. Thanks.
Love pulled pork but don't see how there could be any comparison to sweetbreads which I tried once years ago, never again.