The new Eden Rock

Does anyone have a menu of the sand bar restaurant. I really loved the watermelon and goat cheese salad. And wondering if they still have it

Does anyone have a menu of the sand bar restaurant. I really loved the watermelon and goat cheese salad. And wondering if they still have it

About the view---saw lots of umbrella tops. But one could dip a bit and see the sea. We were on the main floor. Not the on the beach, not the kitchen side seating, and not the upper banquette zone.
Amy, when I saw the restaurant before its opening, in a somewhat hurried viewing, the tables weren’t installed yet, so I didn’t get a full perspective of the space. I’m interested in any more “color” you can give to seating — i.e., how do you assess “main floor” vs. beach vs. banquette zone vs. kitchen side seating? (At the old Sand Bar, for example, I used to like the couple of small tables that were off to the side, near the kitchen — they were quiet & intimate for two, with a great waterside setting.)

I also was interested in Mod Dennis’ comment that the dining room was “pretty empty” around 8 PM. Sounds lovely! As evidenced by my “like” of the dining room at Le Sereno, I have no problem with uncrowded dining rooms . . . even like them! Service always is attentive . . . kitchen food prep gets very special attention . . . and the ambiance & design of such spaces shine with intrinsic refinement.

The “Renaissance” of Eden Rock, finally, has been fascinating for me. In the early years of the Matthews’ ownership of the property, & onset of its renovations, I was negative & resentful of losing the naïveté & simplicity of the place under Remy de Haenen ownership . . . wanting to hold onto old memories & pleasure. In time, however, I came to realize that it was inconceivable that the property would escape development and concluded that David & Jane Matthews were visionary in their plan for a high quality, full-service, destination lodging facility. St. Barths was changing . . . I couldn’t stop it (nor did I have any material stake in trying to do so). My thinking shifted to a desire to see the hotel’s development being done stylishly & tastefully, given the direction that I saw in growth / development on the island.

The result today looks like a “winner.” SBH no longer is the island that Wendy & I found in 1978. There still are vestiges of it . . . such connections and friendships began then & formed in intervening years are the foundation of our attachment to St. Barths. Meanwhile, change is relentless. A near-tsunami of admiration for the island has emerged since the mid-80s, & the wave of change that it produced sometimes confounds. In all of this change, Eden Rock stands out for style & excellence.

Dennis, I think those tables by the kitchen have the best view of the sea, the lovely restaurant, and the dishes coming out of that kitchen and carried by the adorable and efficient staff.

Dennis, I think those tables by the kitchen have the best view of the sea, the lovely restaurant, and the dishes coming out by the adorable and efficient staff.
You know how I value your opinion, Amy . . . much appreciated!

I am guessing for dinner the umbrellas are removed or at least collapsed and tied closed.