Thread: It Is Safe To Go Into Town After 5PM

Senior Insider Joined: Jul 2003 Boston Posts: 19,983

It Is Safe To Go Into Town After 5PM

Name:  F98EDDC4-BE01-40CA-8C58-A95FF6FDB451.jpeg
Views: 666
Size:  23.1 KB

Actually, town will be fine. A few days ago, when Voldendam and 1432 passengers (+ crew) were in town, not so much.

SBH Insider Joined: Sep 2017 Posts: 911

Re: It Is Safe To Go Into Town After 5PM

Did not know that such large ships were coming to SBH...how'd that happen ? But you should know I am not anti-cruise ship or passengers since our 1st visit to SBH 25+ years ago was on Windstar. And soon to be on an even smaller ship with max pax of 112.

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Nantucket - St. Barth's Posts: 1,104

Quote Originally Posted by NancySC View Post
    Did not know that such large ships were coming to SBH...how'd that happen ? But you should know I am not anti-cruise ship or passengers since our 1st visit to SBH 25+ years ago was on Windstar. And soon to be on an even smaller ship with max pax of 112.
    If that 112 ship you are traveling on is Sea Dream you will be really happy!
    "Like" Us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/nantucketcatering

SBH Insider Joined: Sep 2017 Posts: 911

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    If that 112 ship you are traveling on is Sea Dream you will be really happy!
    HI It is, 1st timers after many Windstars since WS began. Talking with the staff at the SDYC hq in FL tho has been challenging...billed as a wine cruise, no info really till board the ship or pricing ! Do know that 1 of nites at SBH there's a wine dinner on board that we'll skip to dine in town. And maybe the next nite too before sail to Nevis. Were you on recently ? PM me please & thanks !

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Nantucket - St. Barth's Posts: 1,104

Quote Originally Posted by NancySC View Post
    HI It is, 1st timers after many Windstars since WS began. Talking with the staff at the SDYC hq in FL tho has been challenging...billed as a wine cruise, no info really till board the ship or pricing ! Do know that 1 of nites at SBH there's a wine dinner on board that we'll skip to dine in town. And maybe the next nite too before sail to Nevis. Were you on recently ? PM me please & thanks !
    The wine dinners are a special thing out side of their normal meals which are quite lovely. One of the only things you would be charged a little extra $$$ for should you want to take part. The "wine cruise" element is really not any major part of the cruise from what I was able to gather on a recent 2 week voyage in Europe.
    "Like" Us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/nantucketcatering