Thread: Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Forum Members and your families and friends!

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 9,168

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Forum Members and your families and friends!

Know we are early- we are already purchasing ingredients and cooking for the big event!

Senior Insider Joined: Apr 2004 Austin, TX Posts: 9,564

Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Forum Members and your families and friends!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Hopper.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 26,561

Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Forum Members and your families and friends!

Counting my blessings and sending forum friends warm wishes this Thanksgiving for health, happiness, and all of life's good things.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

SBH Member Joined: Nov 2002 pittsburgh Posts: 293

Happy thanksgiving to you and yours and to all here. What a great group!!!
    Now if you can solve our problem then please reply: we are in a stuffing contest and only know Stove Top as that is what I did as a single parent. So we need a great recipe chop chop as we are running out of time.
    Thanks in advance,
    George & Jody

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Philadelphia Posts: 43,942

Hey George. Buy a pkg of Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned cubed stuffing. Chop some garlic, onions and celery and sauté in butter until partially cooked and add to the stuffing. Add chicken stock until wet but not soaked. Put all in a buttered oven proof dish covered and bake at 350 until done about 30 minutes.

Andy

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 26,561

In my recipe I use plain bread crumbs,sauteed onions, and apple pie chunks, butter and the tuneful parsley sage rosemary and thyme
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2016 Long Island Posts: 478

Happy Thanksgiving to all

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Austin, Texas Posts: 17,255

My blessings have been counted and, since I have finally come to terms with my inability to cook, I will bring paper plates, bags of ice and canned cranberry sauce to my family gathering this year. Oh, and tupperware! Have a happy day, y'all!
    The waves of the sea bring me back to me.

SBH Member Joined: Dec 2012 Wisconsin Posts: 214

Quote Originally Posted by andynap View Post
    Hey George. Buy a pkg of Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned cubed stuffing. Chop some garlic, onions and celery and sauté in butter until partially cooked and add to the stuffing. Add chicken stock until wet but not soaked. Put all in a buttered oven proof dish covered and bake at 350 until done about 30 minutes.
    Happy Thanksgiving, all! For a slightly different twist - same method as Andy, except we use Pepperidge Farm Sage and Onion stuffing, with the onion and garlic, and add a mix of ground beef and Jimmy Dean Original Sausage to the stuffing. It’s my late mother-in-law’s recipe which my husband makes every year.
    "One cat just leads to another" - Ernest Hemingway

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2015 Martinsville, NJ Posts: 1,770

Quote Originally Posted by andynap View Post
    George & Jody,

Add a pound of your favorite ground sausage...sweet or spicy, to Andy’s recipe if you like that type of thing. That’s what I do on Thanksgiving. It’s a bit of a cheat not using the bread stuffing mix instead of a nice boule or two, but it’s a bit of a time saver and quite tasty. Don’t forget the fresh herbs of your choosing!

Gayle