Ideas for Thanksgiving Dinner

Crez4jc

SBH Insider
We arrive tomorrow and are staying a week at Haute Maison. Looking for a place to have Thanksgiving dinner out.

1) Maya’s
2) Villa Marie is advertising a €75 menu. See their FB page for more info - Villa Marie Saint-Barth
3) There will be other options. Keep an eye on Le News.

You can add Sante Fe to that list. They will be offering Turkey as well as the regular menu Au Regal as well.

Phil

Last year we had a great Thanksgiving meal at La Langouste where we dined on "Caribbean turkey" with all the fixings. Great fun and great food.

A lobster thanksgiving dinner is one we would never forget, especially at La Langouste, with s stroll on the beach there.

We had a Thanksgiving away in Barbados one year. It was fun and off-beat--no turkey, but lots of delicious fresh seafood. It was on the Atlantic side of the island and was windy and chilly, but fun, nevertheless.

Agree about the turkey vs. lobster issue. (Turkey belongs in a sandwich :wink2: .). Lobsters already on order from Meat My Fish (super nice people, btw) for Thursday. Now to find a nice lobe of foie gras for a starter...

Andy, you can get and eat plain seared foie gras...I did not know it is sliced from a LOBE, with nothing added. Lobe is a new term for me.

DTS—Thanks much. Will check it out. Hopefully, they’ll still have some.
Andy et. al.—Seared foie gras does indeed come from a lobe of liver. (Trust me, I know a lobe of liver when I see one.). The lobe is sliced when cold with a warm knife, then seared at high temperature for a few seconds on each side. (Much to my dismay, I’ve discovered that if the temp is too low, the foie just melts, and all you get is a pool of very expensive goo.). Best served (IMHO) on a bed of baby greens with a mango chutney. (Recipe posted previously.).
I believe that pate’ de foie gras is the processed version referred to earlier. It comes mixed with various other ingredients, has a paste-like consistency, and is meant to be spread on toast points, slices of baguette, etc. (I defer to my French friends’ expertise if I’ve gotten my facts wrong on any of this.).
All—Regardless of what you’re having for Thanksgiving dinner, have a safe and happy holiday. And remember, the food doesn’t really matter that much, but rather it’s the people you’re sharing it with. Cheers.

actually the best of the traditional foie gras preparations, whether poached while wrapped in a towel (au torchon) or baked in a terrine in a water bath, are still deveined, seasoned (salt, pepper, spices), marinated, entire lobes of foie gras.

Fabulous special starter at OREGA. Seared half inch foie gras cubes atop fresh tuna cubes with a bit of hoisson type sauce-7 pieces but you won't want to share, trust me. TO DIE!!