Day pass question

Carfell36

SBH Member
Hello!

My fiancé and I will be honeymooning in St. Barths in June. We've been looking at day pass options and decided to turn it over to the experts
;) I know, I know this is very far in advance, but one can start dreaming, right? It looks like Manapany, Cheval Blanc and Le Barthelemy may all offer a day pass option. Le Barthelemy and Manapany have both given me a definite quote, and Cheval Blanc said they are finalizing and will let me know...

Manapany is 180€/ person- Lunch + sunbed (pool an beach) + spa treatment
Le Barthelemy is 175€/ person- 3 course lunch + beach chairs + 50min massage

Given these options, would anyone recommend one over the other? Thanks!

Christoper Hotel is a wonderful venue to enjoy lunch at Mango Restaurant with toes in the sand, also enjoy spa treatment/massage. I have partaken in a discount package previously.

Christoper Hotel is a wonderful venue to enjoy lunch at Mango Restaurant with toes in the sand, also enjoy spa treatment/massage. I have partaken in a discount package previously.

As of now, they said they will not be offering any sort of discount package except for residents of the island. Bummer!

I wouldn't book anything now. June is a particularly slow month for tourism on the island, and I think that you'll find some better deals then . . . even at the last minute. (Eden Rock, BTW, probably also will have a package deal by then.)

Oh wow I just saw Villa Marie's option too! Not booking anything yet- just putting together my options. Thanks for the tips!

Toiny is not a good swimming beach, but their Beach Club is a pretty place to eat lunch and spend the afternoon. I like Christopher as well. You do not need a “day pass” per se to visit the hotels. You can always eat lunch at them and usually use their loungers if they aren’t fully occupied with guests, some comp them if you spend enough and some charge a fee like $30. The day pass usually throws in a spa treatment for a special price. Guanahani is my favorite place to spend the day, but still closed from Irma.

If you're not a spa person and/or don't want to do spa treatments every day, you can definitely try to get loungers when you make your lunch reservation at Le Barthelemy or Cheval Blanc (might be the same at Manapany but have never been there so can't vouch for it). The key is to both request it when you make your lunch reservation, and arrive early (11/11:30am). I will second the recommendation of Toiny Beach Club---the loungers were 30Euros in high season, and we loved the jeep ride down to the water, swimming in the pool, and the delicious lunch. Another good option is Pearl Beach, which will rent loungers for a reasonable price (15-20Euros). I'm not sure what the new Eden Rock will offer, but the old one would allow you to rent loungers for 50 Euros with a lunch reservation if they had availability.

Since you will be there in ‘low’ season, we echo the recommendations of waiting to decide which hotel/s you would like to go to. Chaises with lunch may very likely be comped. Of course massages will be charged. I suggest you call and negotiate while you are on the island and most likely you will find good offers. Any of the places mentioned would be good choices.

If you are renting a villa thru an agency, check with that agency to see if they are offering any packages for a day at any of the places you've mentioned. We've rented thru St Barth Properties for 20+ years & sometimes they offer day deals. Great island choice for your honeymoon & years following !

Am I missing something? Why buy a day pass? Most places like Christopher and Le B let you use the pool with full service if you have lunch there. At least that has always been my experience. Same for Cheval Blanc, unless they have recently changed rules? The only hotel I recall paying on top of lunch for amenities uses was ER.

Am I missing something? Why buy a day pass? Most places like Christopher and Le B let you use the pool with full service if you have lunch there. At least that has always been my experience. Same for Cheval Blanc, unless they have recently changed rules? The only hotel I recall paying on top of lunch for amenities uses was ER.

the day pass is really so you can get lunch with your massage. massage normal price is 160 euros, so basically you get a 3 course lunch for 15 euros.

everyone does use the pools etc if they eat lunch at the various hotel, so the value is in getting a massage with lunch included.