Carnival 2020

Rocket

SBH Member
At the request of our ladies' auxiliary we are coming down during Carnival for the first time, arriving 2/24/20 and I am wondering what to expect. Will the grocery be open? While I am sure it swamps Gustavia how might it affect dinning plans out of town? Should we accede to our wives' strong request that we wear some sort of costume? Any other advice in this regard would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rick

Of course you should:' Should we accede to our wives' strong request that we wear some sort of costume?" Otherwise the grocery store question is moot. You will be eating alone in the shrubs.
So get your spangled pants and your silly hat on and smile!!
This may avoid very chilly nights in St Barts.

Take heed of GeorgeD counsel! He is spot on! Make reservations for meals everywhere during that time. Highly recommend you book Repaire for lunch on parade day!

So for those with more experience than I, What is the best time to view the parade, and is in fact from 3:00 to 7:00?
Where do you like to watch it and is parking a disaster?

George

So for those with more experience than I, What is the best time to view the parade, and is in fact from 3:00 to 7:00?
Where do you like to watch it and is parking a disaster?

George
They keep changing the start of the route but for sure they will pass Le Select. That’s my favorite viewing place. Forget parking.