Laidback Day

KevinS

Senior Insider
It’s been a quiet and laidback day, with us barely leaving the villa. I already wrote of breakfast. After breakfast, we sat and read in the morning sun (the shaded terrace for me).

With no ambition to do much of anything, we had a late lunch of takeout from the bakery across the street. Walking across the street was Excursion #1 for the day. We were back in the villa in 10 minutes, loaded down with Croissants Jambon Fromage, a so-called English Muffin breakfast sandwich, Pina Colada sorbet, and an amazing looking Chocolate Eclair.

With lunch barely behind us, the skies opened. Rain started at about 1:30 and continued for almost 3 hours. The rain was so heavy that some inter-island flights were cancelled, and both JetBlue flights diverted to San Juan to wait it out. About .85” were reported to have fallen in Lorient, and I believe it based on the pool’s water level.

We made a decision to stay home tonight, which led to Excursion #2 of the day - a 15-minute round trip to Marché U Express. The main course for dinner was planned as leftover pizza from Les Bananiers, which we wanted to supplement with a few things from the grocery store.

Home for the night before 17:00, we moved to the terrace for finger food and adult beverages, put some music up on the SoundLink, and watched the surfers until it became too dark for them to continue. Dinner will come later, whenever we feel hungry enough to assemble it. For now, I’ve turned on the palm tree lights for ambiance. We’ll read for a bit longer, move inside, and see where the night takes us. We have books, movies, music, and Dish network for entertainment. We have plenty of food, and more than enough adult beverages. I suppose that we could have found a way to do less today, but I’m fine with where we’re at...

. . . a perfect day, Kevin! It's important to pace oneself! If you feel a burst of energy, you might think about tomorrow's breakfast . . . and what kind of bread to buy!

Like us, mastering the art of doing nothing..except we are in the hills and you are on the beach.