Feb 8th Flight to SBH

FamilyTraveler

SBH Insider
AA changed our flight time to SXM and we are no longer going to be able to make our Winair connection. Our flight is now landing at 1:37p and the only Winair flights available are 2:10p or 4:55p.

A few questions for the forum...

1. To those those who have used a VIP company to assist in the transfer, do you think it would be possible to make a 2:10 Winair flight if we are landing at 1:37p?

2. I've inquired with both St Barth Commuter and Winair for charter flights and neither are available. Suggestions on charter boat transfers? We did the ferry once and I won't do it again.

3. Anyone have a charter on Feb 8th that they would like to share with our fine family?

Haven't flown AA to SXM in YEARS and based on this experience, I won't do it again. Lesson learned.

Reach out to PremiumIV regarding a charter. They have other resources besides SBC and Winair.

I have the same problem on 2/7. Premium IV could not guarantee getting my bags and on the SBC flight in less than an hour. I have a change to Winair for a later flight. There is always the ferry.

I would book the 4:55 flight. Having done this connection for years, it has been our experience that we are almost always put on an earlier flight. Winair adds
flights as needed. When you check in with Winair - ask if there is an earlier flight available and ...... then, when you get up to Gate 3 - check again with the gate
agents.

I would recommend that you book the later flight and engage Premium IV. I think there's a lot of movement on the WinAir flights and there's a decent chance that Premium IV will get you on an earlier flight. I used them last time and was shocked (and pleased) by how quick the turnaround time was. I did a carry-on instead of a checked bag for maximum flexibility.