Check your airline frequently

andynap

Senior Insider
Just heard from AA changing my flight by 37 minutes more. Naturally can’t make my SBC flight now. I guess I’m stuck with Winair.

AA just canceled my 1:30ish pm flight out of SJU to CLT and moved it back to almost 5PM. Now only have a 42 minute connection and they say it is legal! UGH!

How is Winair when a flight comes in too late to make your flight? Worried about our morning flight out of chicago tomorrow. Should have 90 minutes to catch the last Winair flight, which we booked luckily.....done it before with time to spare but steady rain in upper midwest could delay & cause chaos. Original flight was via newark & arriving around 2:30 but this was changed on us & too late to make changes. It looks good as of 8:00 PM in Chi. but wondering if Winair accommodates delayed flight with the usual fee the following day.

How is Winair when a flight comes in too late to make your flight? Worried about our morning flight out of chicago tomorrow. Should have 90 minutes to catch the last Winair flight, which we booked luckily.....done it before with time to spare but steady rain in upper midwest could delay & cause chaos. Original flight was via newark & arriving around 2:30 but this was changed on us & too late to make changes. It looks good as of 8:00 PM in Chi. but wondering if Winair accommodates delayed flight with the usual fee the following day.
When we were delayed and got into SXM after dark, Winair did not charge a fee for us to be on the first flight over the next day. Don’t know if that’s customary, but there was hardly anyone on the early flight.

When we were delayed and got into SXM after dark, Winair did not charge a fee for us to be on the first flight over the next day. Don’t know if that’s customary, but there was hardly anyone on the early flight.

When we were delayed last month by United Airlines for mechanical issues and got into SXM after dark, Winair did charge us a fee for differing cost of flights new vs. original. We flew on the first flight over the next day.

When we were delayed last month by United Airlines for mechanical issues and got into SXM after dark, Winair did charge us a fee for differing cost of flights new vs. original. We flew on the first flight over the next day.

Winair shouldn't have charged you...isn't UA now aligned with WM so they have baggage agreement ? Not your fault that your airline had issue...whatever happened to reciprocity with airlines ?

I do not know Nancy, I was glad to get on the first flight to paradise after spending the night in St. Maarten

Interesting arrival for us. Missed that last flight & after nothing but bad info we found out a ferry left Maragot just before 7:00. Knowing how rough the ride usually is we were completely surprised on the smooth 1 hour ride. Not a bump the entire trip. Turbe had someone meet us with the welcome sign.... just like a rockstar. Arrival was only 2 hours behind. Hit the ground running to hotel & dinner at Eddy’s. It was an Indiana Jones type of travel day..... now the hunt to get croissants!

Super! Petite Colombe gets my vote...either location. Choisy is very good. And the Marche U has them too.

Good morning Koops. I believe you were lucky since there has been no wind the past few days lending itself to calmer than normal seas. Enjoy you VACA! It is all smooth sailing from now to departure. The world is your oyster ;)

Super! Petite Colombe gets my vote...either location. Choisy is very good. And the Marche U has them too.
Great minds think alike, we hit both places. And last night we got a visit to our table by Eddy himself. I had the Goat & she has the Mahi. No local goat served here... but with the over populated herd, it would be a win win.

Good morning Koops. I believe you were lucky since there has been no wind the past few days lending itself to calmer than normal seas. Enjoy you VACA! It is all smooth sailing from now to departure. The world is your oyster ;)
Wind was coming from our backside, got pushed into port 10 minutes early. Yes, luck indeed!

Interesting arrival for us. Missed that last flight & after nothing but bad info we found out a ferry left Maragot just before 7:00. Knowing how rough the ride usually is we were completely surprised on the smooth 1 hour ride. Not a bump the entire trip. Turbe had someone meet us with the welcome sign.... just like a rockstar. Arrival was only 2 hours behind. Hit the ground running to hotel & dinner at Eddy’s. It was an Indiana Jones type of travel day..... now the hunt to get croissants!

Congratulations! A very happy beginning to your trip, which — I’m sure — will be very special.

I do not know Nancy, I was glad to get on the first flight to paradise after spending the night in St. Maarten
Was thinking WM & UA have agreement, but was Tradewind with United, still WM should have been lenient, but as others have made negative comments about their staff, no need to take further. Had been me, I would have argued their charge.

Well, it finally happened to us...American Airlines changed our March 7:10am flight to SXM out of JFK to 8:29am so we now have to pay 25 euros each to change our Winair flight and have decided to procure the services of Premium IV to help us with an hour and half transfer time to Winair flight. Luckily we splurged and are flying Business class and will have carry on only. I am so grateful we are flying Delta home. American really needs to step up their game.

Well, it finally happened to us...American Airlines changed our March 7:10am flight to SXM out of JFK to 8:29am so we now have to pay 25 euros each to change our Winair flight and have decided to procure the services of Premium IV to help us with an hour and half transfer time to Winair flight. Luckily we splurged and are flying Business class and will have carry on only. I am so grateful we are flying Delta home. American really needs to step up their game.

Why do you have to pay 25 Euros to change the Winair flight ? It is not your fault that you have to change...your airline made the change, argue the point with WM that your change is involuntary & not voluntary. Another take advantage of the passenger.

Why do you have to pay 25 Euros to change the Winair flight ? It is not your fault that you have to change...your airline made the change, argue the point with WM that your change is involuntary & not voluntary. Another take advantage of the passenger.

Winair has no interest in conforming to the norms which you would expect from a US airline when it comes to customer service. They do things their own way.

yes, of course I told Winair that American Airlines made the change. What I don't understand is that I hear stories all the time about how Winair is constantly putting people on earlier flights if there is room on plane, etc...so why can't they simply put us on the next plane which is what we are requesting. It costs them nothing to make the simple change.