Ticket for parking in Flamands

This morning at Flamands Beach we returned to our car and had a ticket for parking on the street where all the construction workers park everyday The entrance to the beach had 38 scooters and 8 cars. The owners were not on the beach! Signs clearly indicated the area was for beach visitors. The police told us, when we asked what was going on, that they were told to issue tickets everyday. They did view pictures I showed them with some interest. What is going on?

This morning at Flamands Beach we returned to our car and had a ticket for parking on the street where all the construction workers park everyday The entrance to the beach had 38 scooters and 8 cars. The owners were not on the beach! Signs clearly indicated the area was for beach visitors. The police told us, when we asked what was going on, that they were told to issue tickets everyday. They did view pictures I showed them with some interest. What is going on?

the police seem to be determined to get rid of all the tourists in flamands. they certainly don't enforce the laws governing beach visitor parking signs.

could this possibly come back to bite them in the a$$ soon? less tourists means less police needed?

This all is so appalling and simply ridiculous! Flamands is one of our very favorite beaches to visit. If this current situation continues it would be shameful as we won’t visit the beach there for fear of being ticketed.
:mad:

Are they giving tickets in the Petite Anse area too? We always park just past the Auberge de Petite Anse for hiking to Colombier. Where are they drawing the line?

Are they giving tickets in the Petite Anse area too? We always park just past the Auberge de Petite Anse for hiking to Colombier. Where are they drawing the line?

we parked there on Tuesday for the hike. No ticket.

My understanding is that the parking at Petite Anse before the path to Colombier and beyond the reception building is owned by the Auberge. The owner graciously lets people park on his land, just wants people to not park along the cottages as that is reserved for guests of the Auberge.

Andy- I posed your question to Odile (Gumbs) several years ago. If a rental car receives a parking ticket, and it isn’t paid, the police visit the rental car company and they must pay plus a nice penalty. The remainder of the vehicles on the island are registered to residents and the police know who they are. Needless to say if Odile or others are not reimbursed by the renter, that customer is done renting on the island. My guess is the rental agency would charge the cc on file the amount of the fine and email an explanation to the renter.

And what to my wondering eyes should appear..,but this post from an old timer and I uttered OH DEAR!

Andy- I posed your question to Odile (Gumbs) several years ago. If a rental car receives a parking ticket, and it isn’t paid, the police visit the rental car company and they must pay plus a nice penalty. The remainder of the vehicles on the island are registered to residents and the police know who they are. Needless to say if Odile or others are not reimbursed by the renter, that customer is done renting on the island. My guess is the rental agency would charge the cc on file the amount of the fine and email an explanation to the renter.
My question wasn’t about rentals- I know the answer. Since Diana is a resident I wondered how she would contest the ticket.