Ticket for parking in Flamands

didier

Senior Insider
I just pulled a parking ticket off my windshield for parking. I have been parking in the same place since 2003 on the side of the road just past where I live. looks like I was not singled out, there are cars all the way down on the right side of the highway towards petite anse with parking tickets on their windshields. no warnings, must be a new or old law that is being enforced perhaps. yikes. 35 euros.

tourists were not excluded either, some of the tourists may still be at the beach.

That's terrible, especially as there is no place to park if you go to the beach, and Rosemond's parents' house has no driveway or parking area, so everyone parks on the street...
yikes!

my ticket dda went down to the police station and they said that the police gave out parking tickets today to cheval blanc employees that were parking on the side of the road near the hotel, so cheval blanc said you can't give us parking tickets unless you go all the way down the street all the way to the end of this road and give everyone parking tickets. not sure what will happen now. will corossol be next? dda asked the police that question, the policeman just shook his head and said that its not his idea that this happened with the tickets.

View attachment parking ticket.pdf

View attachment parking 2.pdf

Unfortunately I was the recipient of a parking ticket for not showing my placard in a commercial zone. Paying it was a 2 step different building operation. Took about 1 hour.

We got a 135 Euro parking ticket on far side of Gustavia last week. We took the spot of someone who left. The high price was due to parking partially on the sidewalk. I’m paranoid now every time we park. Wish there was a guide to the parking problem, I’ve been seeing tickets everywhere!

Diana . . . the same thing has been going on in Lurin -- first it was people parked on side of the road near Form Fitness gym, and more recently it has been ticketing of people parked outside of Santa Fe (which is why the restaurant now has a Valet at lunch).

Diana . . . the same thing has been going on in Lurin -- first it was people parked on side of the road near Form Fitness gym, and more recently it has been ticketing of people parked outside of Santa Fe (which is why the restaurant now has a Valet at lunch).
Dennis; Do you feel that the tickets need to be written to fix a problem. I have never felt that Flamand or Santa Fe created a hazard.

Is it possible the new ticketing policy is for revenue generation? I work in Washington DC, a parking ticket Hell.

Is it possible the new ticketing policy is for revenue generation? I work in Washington DC, a parking ticket Hell.
That is true. My son was stationed there. The difference is that there are many more choices in DC. St Barts parking is a supply and demand issue. We have parked on the sidewalk over all the Sante Fe venues. From Mexican to now. Never thought it would become an issue.

We got a 135 Euro parking ticket on far side of Gustavia last week. We took the spot of someone who left. The high price was due to parking partially on the sidewalk. I’m paranoid now every time we park. Wish there was a guide to the parking problem, I’ve been seeing tickets everywhere!

Same thing happened to us last May...Parked half on curb across from Orega in Gustavia after someone pulled out..135 euros and 2 different municipal buildings later we were told our parking choice was a hazard limiting access to emergency vehicles if need be..
Made sense to us...but they do need to post better signs

St. Barts is our favorite destination. I think many others feel the same. Maybe residents feel there are too many visitors and this is a way of discouraging tourism? We are coming for three weeks with friends that were with us a few years ago. I'm hoping that our love of St. Barts doesn't wain.

During our 3 weeks in May this year we noticed all the new bollards, so that was the handwriting on the wall. Difficult parking made moreso now with the hefty fines & those bollards. I 'get it,' but if islanders & visitors have no place/s to safely park, then what...another island that is not as attractive to us as SBH has been for 25+ years ??? And to some degree our interest has waned.:sad1:

this is crazy, we have no other place to park and the road is definitely wide enough to park where the residents park. I cannot pay 35 euros to park each day, so perhaps the police will decide that giving out parking tickets to residents that have been parking in the same spaces for years is a bad idea. its a bad idea for the tourists to be ticketed also, do we need to lose tourists on the island? I think not.

Don’t overthink this. Somebody bitched about Cheval Blanc employees parking, so the Police ticketed. Cheval Blanc slapped back, so the Police ticketed everyone. It’s not revenue generation, it’s a neighborhood dispute.

The bigger issue is Island-wide, and includes both parking and housing. Drive by the free beach parking lot in St Jean at 03:00 and tell me how many cars are parked there - they aren’t parked there by people who are at the beach. Look at the ads in Le News and online by people, some long-time residents, who are practically begging for housing, while hundreds of housing units are occupied by hotel employees. The underlying issue is huge.

they gave ellen's brother in law a ticket, its flapping in the breeze. he's in guadeloupe helping rosemond recover and he gets a ticket for parking where he has always parked. something very wrong here. no warnings!

they gave ellen's brother in law a ticket, its flapping in the breeze. he's in guadeloupe helping rosemond recover and he gets a ticket for parking where he has always parked. something very wrong here. no warnings!

OH NO....!

Kevin,

I completely agree on all counts. We are staying at Colony Club and we have, in or first week here, had 4 cars park in our "Private Parking Space". It has gotten so bad that St Barts Properties went out and purchased an orange cone and delivered it to us to help to secure our parking space.

The parking and the housing issues will not go away by themselves................

Further to Kevin's point, I went to the Marche U this morning. There was no traffic, so I was there well before they were to open at 8H00. The was one couple waiting for the store to open, but there were about 30 cars parked in the lot. Does that seem odd to anyone else ????????????????

Further to Kevin's point, I went to the Marche U this morning. There was no traffic, so I was there well before they were to open at 8H00. The was one couple waiting for the store to open, but there were about 30 cars parked in the lot. Does that seem odd to anyone else ????????????????

people leave their cars there when they go away sometimes as there is only very short term parking at the airport, and there are also other shops in that shopping center as well as Le Jardin which is open for breakfast so some staff might park there as well.... but clearly there are way tooooo many cars on the island and it will only get worse when Eden Roc and Carl Gustav open, then Guanahani next year...