Ticket for parking in Flamands

Is it possible the new ticketing policy is for revenue generation? I work in Washington DC, a parking ticket Hell.
So true. I received a ticket within ONE MINUTE of it expiring and I was jogging to get there in time so, 1 minute more. THE ONLY PERSON on the street in any direction was me!

We received a 135 euro ticket on our last visit for parking in Gustavia-far side- where we have always parked. Many cars were parked and only rentals had tickets. At the police station, they were not helpful in their explanation of the ticket. Haven’t been back since. The traffic and parking were a pain on that trip.

they gave a ticket to the person who has two children on the police force here. guess they did not want to leave anyone out. I believe this road is grandfathered in since everyone has been parking on the side of the road since the road was built and since no signs posted , can they really enforce this? there are a lot of new police personnel, perhaps they just did not know?

Nantucket has hundreds of people going to work on the ferries each morning. Many leave work vehicles on the Nantucket side as close to the terminal as possible. Each time anyone finds a free spot within walking distance a no parking sign will appear. Same thing on the Hyannis side.

They did have a sign across from Orega etc, by the big anchor that permitted parking with two wheels on the sidewalk? I take it the sign is gone?

Hmmm, guess we will just stay at our villa pool and eat in every night? If they are giving out 135 euro parking tickets in Gustavia, this will be bad for the businesses.

Hmmm, guess we will just stay at our villa pool and eat in every night? If they are giving out 135 euro parking tickets in Gustavia, this will be bad for the businesses.
So true. That is the part that makes no sense. Tourism should matter to the people on St. Barts.

What if you refuse to pay? What’s the next step.

Your rental car company gets the bill, and they can charge it to your credit card, so one way or the other, you'll pay. Best to avoid parking where you know there is a problem.

Phil

Your rental car company gets the bill, and they can charge it to your credit card, so one way or the other, you'll pay. Best to avoid parking where you know there is a problem.Phil
We always park in the pay lot after one loop around..if we are lucky, we grab a spot. Otherwise the pay lot. Really not a big deal for us....

Your rental car company gets the bill, and they can charge it to your credit card, so one way or the other, you'll pay. Best to avoid parking where you know there is a problem.

Phil
I’m sure Diana doesn’t have a rental car. There must be a way to contest it.

Just like Washington, DC. which is a substantial tourist destination, getting slammed with parking tickets pisses off tourists.

Dennis; Do you feel that the tickets need to be written to fix a problem. I have never felt that Flamand or Santa Fe created a hazard.
". . . to fix a problem." In residential settings, I think that there's generally only a problem when someone complains -- witness the Cheval Blanc situation. In the same vein, parking enforcement at Santa Fe: When clients of Form Fitness were ticketed for parking along the road, someone undoubtedly said, "Well, what about Santa Fe . . . why is it ok there?"

I believe, in any event, that it's important to distinguish between a residential area, like Flamands, where there currently are no sidewalks, where people have been parking along the road for as long as cars have been there . . . and a business district such as Gustavia. With respect to the latter, I can understand ticketing of cars that park on the sidewalk . . . the sidewalks are important to safety of pedestrians in heavily traffic'd areas. That's what they were built for, and there is other parking available (albeit, not as convenient and at a cost).

Bottom line -- growing pains. Much like the problem of too many cars, trucks that are too big for the roads, and insufficient housing for island workers.

As far as the Bottom line; I agree that the size of the trucks have become a problem, as far as housing, should I be looking for a new villa?

. . . should I be looking for a new villa?
Absolutely not! On each visit I make to CEC, I'm becoming more grateful for our small corner of "Paradise" . . . and appreciate sharing with others who similarly value it!

Absolutely not! On each visit I make to CEC, I'm becoming more grateful for our small corner of "Paradise" . . . and appreciate sharing with others who similarly value it!
Just joshing and hope you don't move in full time.:D

... so cheval blanc said you can't give us parking tickets unless you go all the way down the street all the way to the end of this road and give everyone parking tickets...

Perhaps M. Arnault has a few extra Euro to pay the locals' tickets as part of a good neighbor policy for LVMH Cheval Blanc...