Le Barthelemy or Manapany

The beach at Le Barthelemy is not very welcoming IMHO. The water has a very mucky like feel. Might I suggest a place like Les Islets on St. Jean. Hotel like but with a little kitchen and fridge you can keep snacks in and right on the beach. Kids can walk down the beach and find a great wind surf rental place and other water toys. You would be able to walk to Eden Rock, Lil Rock and Pearl Beach for lunch as well as Niki Beach. Easy walking distance to shops.

I punched a couple of March dates for 4 people and nothing available

You mentioned luxury a few times. Le Barthelemy is absolutely splendid and (IMHO) more luxurious than Manapany. That being said, it is a further drive from St. Jean and Gustavia and it's on a murky lagoon. It will be a dark 15-20 minutes back from Gustavia at night, but only five minutes or so from the restaurants in Saline and 10 minutes from St. Jean.

My recommendation for a luxury hotel with beach amenities and proximity to Gustavia would be the new Carl Gustaf hotel in Gustavia (beach amenities at Shellona) or Eden Rock in St. Jean. Given that you'll need a few rooms during high season, you could rent two stunning villas with daily maid service and provisioning for far less dollars/euros.

not sure I would call GCdS "murky". it is a lagoon, with its reef barrier, and is very shallow, but I think the waters are generally clear, n'est-ce pas ?

Did you mean Villa Marie is the farthest of all? It seems from the maps that it's 10 minutes from gustavia and from st. jean? Le Barthelemy seems to be 20 minutes from Gustavia? is this correct?
Ah. It depends where you consider the action. I used St Jean as a center for action. It has a great beach, hotels, airport and restaurants. Gustavia is the center for businesses and has shops, restaurants and harbor. Nothing is really that far from anything else on an island 8 miles in length. As you drive thru Lorient you will pass a Church, 2 bakeries, 2 small shopping centers, several restaurants, a pharmacy and several nice shops and the major grocery store on the island. If you go cross island you will be close to 3 of the best restaurants on the island.

Ah. It depends where you consider the action. I used St Jean as a center for action. It has a great beach, hotels, airport and restaurants. Gustavia is the center for businesses and has shops, restaurants and harbor. Nothing is really that far from anything else on an island 8 miles in length. As you drive from Lorient you will pass a Church, 2 bakeries, 2 small shopping centers, several restaurants, a pharmacy and several nice shops and the major grocery store on the island. If you go cross island you will be close to 3 of the best restaurants on the island.

Ah, so I'm ten minutes from St. jean whether from Le B or from Villa Marie. I was thinking lots of restaurants seem to be in gustavia, which is 20 minutes from Le B, but many great ones near Le B.

Thanks so much, this group is very nice and very helpful!

not sure I would call GCdS "murky". it is a lagoon, with its reef barrier, and is very shallow, but I think the waters are generally clear, n'est-ce pas ?

That wasn't our experience. In early August we spent a splendid day at the spa and pool and enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Le Barthelemy. At that time, the water was not so clear. Sargassum-related, perhaps?

We all thought the property was fabulous - design, pool, spa, restaurant and service - and loved our day there.