Thanksgiving dinner

andynap

Senior Insider
From last year

A392EC45-5FBB-4F5A-9E86-5DEC0E87BB7C.jpeg

Years ago during Thanksgiving we were traveling in Puerto Rico near Rincon and had Thanksgiving lunch at a Burger King. Kids remember that day more than most Thanksgivings.

See, it’s not ALL about the meal. It’s all about the togetherness and being thankful for each other and the love we share.

There is also an interesting story behind that story. I was renting a small cottage next to an older couple's house on Nantucket. He had suffered a heart attack and my crew started mowing their lawn out of respect to them. I never charged them, and we became freinds. They owned a condo on a beach in San Juan and wanted to give me a few weeks of staying there. I couldn't find time, so he let my oldest son , who was a Navy pilot and a few of his Navy comrades use it. They had a great time. A couple of years later he made me promise I would use his condo. We made plans to go over Thanksgiving with four of our children. A few days before leaving, John who had his pilots license crashed and died while flying his plane. Of course I wanted to cancel our trip to be at his funeral. His wife would not hear of that and made me promise we would go to San Juan. We went and the kids had a great time, but I still feel the sadness as I type.

Each day is a gift, that is why it is called THE PRESENT. Kept these words under my desktop glass for over 30 years.

All those stories are nice but for anyone who wants to have Thanksgiving dinner on ​St Barts here is some info.

My Thanksgiving déjeuner is going to be a plateau of Glidden Points and Maine Cherrystones on the half shell and cold Maine lobster with housemade lemony mayonnaise. Bollinger of course.
Keep your gobblers. :cool:

My Thanksgiving déjeuner is going to be a plateau of Glidden Points and Maine Cherrystones on the half shell and cold Maine lobster with housemade lemony mayonnaise. Bollinger of course.
Keep your gobblers. :cool:

Hello Cass,

As a person who has a newly acquired interest in Maine, might I asked the specific region of the Cherrystones you will be enjoying on Thanksgiving? Clambo (my husband) wants to know:)

K,
getting all from operations on the Damariscotta River. Source on clams just says « Maine grown and raft purged ». Not specifically where grown. I would guess not too far away? From very trustworthy source.

Before Nutcracker rehearsals messed up my travel schedule, we would always be either in sxm or sbh for thanksgiving. Loved that.
Escargots for thanksgiving (and no family drama) is a beautiful thing

Barnstable Sea Farms is a second generation family owned sustainable grown shellfish operation on Cape Cod.

We decided to celebrate Thanksgiving at a nice hotel in San Antonio Texas, where members of my family came from the Dallas area. The food was fine but we all said there is no place like home. We have always dined together at one of our homes since then.

K,
getting all from operations on the Damariscotta River. Source on clams just says « Maine grown and raft purged ». Not specifically where grown. I would guess not too far away? From very trustworthy source.

Got it! Hoping there are some clams and other bivalves in the Casco Bay Island area where we will be spending some time in the future.