Saturday Morning

KevinS

Senior Insider
I’m up before dawn, checking out the start of a new day. It has rained overnight, and the tiles on the uncovered part of the terrace are still wet.

The sky has a line of dark clouds, but I’ll wait until after sunrise to question if they will impact my day. Likely they will move through, and today will be another beautiful day.

There is no sound other than the waves crashing on the beach. High Tide isn’t until some time after 11:00, so without a storm to add to the intensity, they’re likely at their loudest. I can see the palm fronds rustling, but I don’t hear so much as a whisper from them.

A pair of pelicans pass by silently, off to somewhere other than here, and perhaps breakfast when the day is a bit brighter.

As I write, some of the clouds in front of me have a tinge of pink on their eastern edge, and the clouds to my right have brightened noticeably.

Breakfast is ready to go - 2 or 3 minutes with the microwave to reheat quiche and make tea will do it. There is a water bottle of iced coffee in the the fridge for the caffeinated one, and Mimosas take no time at all to assemble.

So far, I have few plans for the day. I need to gas up the car soon. I usually like to to refuel when the fuel gauge hits 1/2, but I’ve let it go to 1/4. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, but soon. I need to restock on water. Global Distribution, aka Island Costco, is just up the road, so I will shop there instead of Segeco. Lunch will be at Lil’ Rock, where a waitress will begin the celebration of her birthday today, prior to a big night out with her boyfriend. Dinner will be with friends at L’Esprit.

That’s it. That’s all that I’ve got so far, and that may be all that there is. And that’s OK.

I’m toying with the idea of putting some music on, which I think will happen soon. The only questions are SoundLink or AirPods? If AirPods, Transparent mode or cancel out the sound of the waves? I have a favorite album in mind, and my ears are waiting to hear those first three chords...

“She used to work in a diner
Never saw a woman look finer
I used to order just to watch her float across the floor”

I need to restock on water. Global Distribution, aka Island Costco, is just up the road, so I will shop there instead of Segeco

Kevin, where is Global Distribution located? And do you know their hours? We’re also in Lorient so it would definitely be more convenient than Segeco.

Sheryl

Global Distribution is on the road between Lorient and Grand Fond, on the left, just after La Bohème on the right. Their variety is limited, but their prices are good. It’s a no-frills warehouse. They don’t sell VC, so I still go to Segeco for that. They’re only open in the morning, between 08:00 and 13:00, except for Saturday when they’re also open from15:00 - 18:00. I don’t know if they accept plastic. I’ve always paid in €.

Global Distribution is on the road between Lorient and Grand Fond, on the left, just after La Bohème on the right. Their variety is limited, but their prices are good. It’s a no-frills warehouse. They don’t sell VC, so I still go to Segeco for that. They’re only open in the morning, between 08:00 and 13:00, except for Saturday when they’re also open from15:00 - 18:00. I don’t know if they accept plastic. I’ve always paid in €.

Awesome, thanks Kevin!

They do accept plastic but not AMEX. I can report that I bought a 750ml of Patron Silver there for I think 35 Euros the other day. I went to the newly opened AMC in Gustavia (which does tend to be a little more expensive as it caterers to the yacht crew crowd) and same bottle was priced at 50 Euros today.

They do accept plastic but not AMEX. I can report that I bought a 750ml of Patron Silver there for I think 35 Euros the other day. I went to the newly opened AMC in Gustavia (which does tend to be a little more expensive as it caterers to the yacht crew crowd) and same bottle was priced at 50 Euros today.

I’ve only ever done a price comparison on higher-ticket (€10+) items purchased from Global Distribution, such as alcohol, and not on the other things that I buy there (cases of water, 6-packs of Liptonic, paper towels, etc.). They’re slightly cheaper than U Express (€11-something vs €12.95) for Mt Gay Rum, and significantly cheaper than AMC Mini-Mart (€32.75 vs. €44.00) for 1L of Grey Goose Vodka.