Best Place on Island to Purchase Liquor for the Villa?

agenova

SBH Member
Our routine historically has been to grab some Mt. Gay at the duty free in Juliana before grabbing the puddle jumper and purchasing wine for the villa while on island. I seem to recall that the small supermarket by Maya's To Go has a decent selection of liquors including Mt. Gay at similar prices to the duty free area on SXM. Does anyone have a suggestion for best place to grab Mt. Gay and decent tequila on island (my buddy joining us on this trip likes his tequila and soda for lounge time at the villa) or should I just stick to the routine of hitting the duty free?

Thanks!

A 1L bottle of Mt Gay rum sells for €13.75/$15.20 at the Mini Mart in Lorient. Other grocery stores will have similar pricing, and the Airport Supérette has the same owners as Mini Mart.

For Rhum - I always grab a bottle of Guadeloupean "Reimonenq" (Langouste's Ti Punch Vieux) from the liquor store between the Marché and Maya's to go and a 3L box of Clément from Segeco. Our "rhum industriel" is Havana Club 3. Great mixing rum from Cuba. Pretty much anything else I can get here.

from the liquor store between the Marché and Maya's to go

That’s Ets. Hippolyte Ledee.

19F5607A-8156-4708-A197-B2298E92CFA2.jpg

For Rhum - I always grab a bottle of Guadeloupean "Reimonenq" (Langouste's Ti Punch Vieux) from the liquor store between the Marché and Maya's to go and a 3L box of Clément from Segeco. Our "rhum industriel" is Havana Club 3. Great mixing rum from Cuba. Pretty much anything else I can get here.

eddie at le grain de sel also uses a guadeloupean (naturally) rhum agricole for his delicious 'ti punches. maybe père labat ? i forget.

your hc3 perfect for daiquiris and such :blush-smile:

Not what you asked, but one thing I noticed at SXM earlier this month. There are two places to buy liquor/wine in the departure area. The larger one that is "up top" and also has other items available was much cheaper than the small one down by the gates for the items I price checked.

The great news is liquor is one of the few items that is less expensive in SBH than stateside in many cases because of the fewer taxes slapped on.

That’s often true, but not always. Grey Goose is overpriced everywhere, lol. If I buy during a sale, I can sometimes buy Veuve Clicquot at home for less than SBH.