Marius STAKELBOROUGH Speech at Le Select on the occassion of the 70th Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEK

Senior Insider
The Select 2019 70 years

Ladies, Gentlemen,
Dear friends,
Sisters and brothers of the court,
My dear children,

I can not tell you and you would not understand how happy I am to welcome you today for the 70th anniversary of this monument what is the Select. Yes the Select is a monument and your presence confirms it Here everyone goes: the poor and the rich, the people of all obedience, of any race and all are received in joy, in all conviviality and in the respect of the man.

If the Select was, still exists and has become such a monument, it is thanks to the hard work of my late wife Hélène, the shared decisions, my constant need to communicate with the other: men and women from all walks of life, and in particular to our deepest love.

I will not give you a great speech, for if it is true that age brings reason, it is no less true that it is often accompanied by many evils which diminish a man. Soon I will not be able to see, nor to hear you, and I know that it will annoy you just as much as me.

If I tell you all this it is the last feast you will celebrate in my company, even if the Creator would keep me alive.

To you ladies and gentlemen, my friends, thank you for having come to take part in this birthday party of the Select and thus show the interest that you carry to him. To you, sisters and brothers of the court, and you will recognize yourself, you who organize twice a year my birthday as well as that of the Select, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You know that my door is always open to you.

To you, my dear children, I will quote a verse from the fable, the farmer and his children, from Jean de LAFONTAINE:

“Do not sell the inheritance left to you by your parents, a treasure is hidden in it".

"As long as the Select will live

STAKELBOROUGH will exist".

And let the party begin .

IMG_2084 2.jpg

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.