Taxi List

KevinS

Senior Insider
I’ve got a few business cards tucked away, but this is a handy reference.

0C80B961-39CB-4D83-9DFC-19F7A3291C54.jpeg

Great reference list, thanks Kevin. Our 1st visit to SBH was on the Wind Star long ago, think we found the only taxi on island then to take us to Eden Roc, as spelled then, & back to town. Opposite the drive way was a field of many many goats. Now I think cars parked there for the ever expanding, improved ER. Might have been late '80's or when Windstar was a new co. Still fans of WS & of course SBH where we've vacationed for at least 26 yrs.

Thanks Kevin! I have used Anna Q in the past, but need something bigger next time, and this has that info!

Hello

We are going to be on the island in a couple weeks and will likely use a taxi for a few evenings.

Just wondering what they typically charge (say from Lorient to Gustavia) and any recommended drivers from the list?

Cheers
Patrick

Thanks! Going with the kids in May. May let them have the car and we will taxi it

Hello

We are going to be on the island in a couple weeks and will likely use a taxi for a few evenings.

Just wondering what they typically charge (say from Lorient to Gustavia) and any recommended drivers from the list?

Cheers
Patrick

For Lorient to Gustavia, expect that to be somewhere around 25-35 EUR each way. We never do that exact route, but St Jean to Gustavia is usually about 25 EUR and should be comparable. Keep in mind the rates in the evening are often higher than during the day (I believe about 20%). Every time we go we use Rudy Jules. He's extremely friendly, reliable and a good friend of ours at this point. The Range Rover is a nice plus too.

That amount is about what I remember, €60 round trip from Lorient to Gustavia. We use Taxi #10, Claude Questel, when he is available. We call for the return trip when we pay the dinner check.