3rd Night Gourmet Festival L' Esprit

dadto6

Senior Insider
Making up for missing our arrival L' Esprit opening night extravaganza last Saturday, we attended Jean Claude version of St. Barth Gourmet Festival last night. We Always enjoy the wonderful atmosphere of L' Esprit. Christophe is a true gentleman, last night was not exception. It was wonderful to catch up with Phil and Amy, as they were dining as well.
Our favorites were the sauce in the which the Turbo was presented and the orange lacquer on the squab. Each course was enjoyed by Anita and I to the fullest extent, not a morsel remained! Love the legendary Clap, Clap.
We walked the track this morning and switched things up a little by eating breakfast at L'Carambole in town. We ate outside on the small sidewalk table, we enjoyed watching the running portion of the Aquathon event. I believe, that is was the name of the event. We always enjoy the quiet of Sunday mornings on St. Barts.
A certain amount of sadness is setting in as we are enjoying our last full day in Paradise. Easing the sadness, we are booked and will be back soon in early January with family. 62-days and counting.

We ate dinner just up the road, at Tamarin, with some French friends and their friends and colleagues. Of the courses, my favorite was the Chestnut Amuse Bouche. We began with drinks in the garden, until a rain shower pushed us inside. What followed was a long and leisurely evening, lots of conversation (one end of the table mostly in English, the other mostly in French, which ended just after midnight.

1B9BAF36-FADD-4496-839C-ADCB7F364D84.jpg