Maya's Dinner 11/6/19

dadto6

Senior Insider
We capped off a wonderful day in Paradise with dinner at Maya's. Longing for the day when we can retire to St. Barts.

We were welcomed graciously by Dora, Randy and Maya. They just opened on Monday for the season. We were seated at the rail watching the boats bobbing in the water. Also, greeted by Felix the cat, he sat next to me all evening.

We started with a wonderful bottle of Rose. I started with the Lobster salad which was served with slices of pink grapefruit, chunks of avocado, greens and tomatoes with generous chunks of delicious lobster. Anita started with Penne pasta carbonara and Asparagus with generous amount of shaved parmesan cheese.

Anita enjoyed the grilled Daurade with creole sauce, Sweet potato mash, fresh Broccoli and wonderful tomato. I enjoyed the grilled Lamb Chops, Sweet potato mash, fresh Broccoli. Both meat and fish were cooked to perfection.

Always have Maya's in our dining rotation, never disappoints!

Thursday morning walked the track multiple laps at dawn, enjoyed cheesecake and coffee at Petite Colombe bakery in Colombier, drove around the Island taking in the views, morning swim at the pool. Pondering where to eat lunch. Looking forward to 1st round of Gourmet Festival, we are starting at Hotel Christopher tonight.

So much appreciated your description of dining at Maya’s. It has been my “go to” spot for 30+ years.

i was at lunch yesterday at Mango, the lovely outdoor luncheon spot of the Christopher Hotel. In talking with the Hotel GM, he told me that every night is fully booked for its participation in the Gourmet Festival. You & Anita are fortunate, Bob, that you’ll have a table there! Enjoy!

Both of you are so fortunate to dine at and enjoy Ouanalao each day. Glad Mango is booked with customers each night and Maya’s continues to be a go to spot!