Bagatelle Dinner 11-4-19

dadto6

Senior Insider
We completed our pre-dawn swim and walk. What a glorious day the Lord has made. Perfect temperatures, perfect breezes, life is great!
There was a lot of traffic between St. Jean and Gustavia driving to dinner. Detours for road constuction near the St. Jean parking lot near the cemetary across from the end of the runway.
We were greeted and seated at a two person table harbor front which is our favorite. It was a dreamy night with 1/2 moon shining above. The breeze was just perfect to keep away any mosquitos but not disruptive to table cloths and ware.
We enjoyed some sparkling water and a wonderful bottle of Rose.
Both Anita and I ordered the starter Duck Foie Gras, pistachio, mango gel, gingerbread and blueberries. It was divine.
I thorough enjoyed Trilogie of crispy Risotto, galette, braised foie gras, scallop tartare and black truffles. One word, perfect.
Anita enjoyed Melon Gazpacho served with crispy king prawns and guacamole. Not a morsel was left.
Bagatelle 11-4-19 Melon Gaspacho.jpg
We skipped dessert, considering our Rose was dessert.

What a special night.

We also were stuck in that traffic jam...the worst gridlock we have ever seen from the Arawak all the way to Lorient.

Tip...avoid rush hour after five if possible.

There’s a temporary signal light where there’s construction on the road to the West of the roundabout above the airport. When it is red, stopping traffic in that direction, I’ve notice that cars on that road backup into the roundabout, thus blocking traffic from passing through it until the light changes color. Last night about 4:45, it was particularly bad.

i also noticed yesterday that there were two spots where gendarmes were checking passing vehicles for something. One was near the gas station & Maya’s To Go . . . the other at entrance to the airport. Several cars & numerous cycles were stopped, all of which caused traffic to backup in that area.

Oh gee, I feel so sorry for you all. commenting from a rainy day in Long Island. :biglaugh:I'll take your traffic problems over a traffic jam on the LIE any day!:biglaugh:

Nice dinner for sure. Not many reviews for this place.

I also agree that Bagatelle is often overlooked; and that and La Guerite, are 2 of our favorite dinner places. We have experienced delicious, memorable dinners at both.

I also agree that Bagatelle is often overlooked; and that and La Guerite, are 2 of our favorite dinner places. We have experienced delicious, memorable dinners at both.

So glad to read this post, Linda! I think that La Guerite is quite underrated.

I’m a big fan of Maya’s . . .nothing overrated about it. There are some popular venues, however, that I don’t include in my “rotation” (a word that I learned from Kevin!). As a matter of fact, I’ve come to realize — particularly on this trip — that the restaurants that I visit are diminishing in number. Prices are escalating so much in dining that I simply find that I prefer to stick to “tried & true,” reliable venues. The new kids on the block rarely measure-up to them (Zion bring an exception).

Maya’s always on our “rotation”..we stick to what we have always liked...Eddy’s another favorite.
Bagatelle did not impress us