St Barth Weekly Online

Ellen what a great issue. So much going on for one little island and you covered all the bases. I tip my hat..a fine job!

http://www.stbarthweekly.com

The first issue of the St Barth Weekly is online for the season.. next one will be for Thanksgiving...

Standby to see this happen:
Scottsman Hugh Hendry has selected Saint Barthéle- my as his new playground, according to the Bloomberg financial media service. Having closed his hedge fund in 2017, the combative business man known for his dislike of the euro as a common curren- cy, explains his interest in the island: “This place is one of a kind. Most tourists stay in villas that can range from $500 a room per night to well over $100,000 a week, Hendry said. The situation is differ- ent for the people who work on the island. No one can normally afford to buy a house; there is no such thing as affordable homes,” he says. “There is a clear and evident demand for capital to come in and eliminate the shortage of housing.” Estimating an investment of 50 million dollars Hendry plans to buy land, build lux- ury villas in Saint Barth, as well as housing for island residents in order to “ease the housing crisis,” he told Bloomberg. To attract investors he is advertising an annual return of 10%. The 50 year-old Hendry owns a seven-bedroom villa in Lurin that he built himself. He is now the director of a real-estate company, Libellule, based in Gustavia, according to a legal announcement published in Le Pélican in St Martin last August 13.

The island has started off strong in the new season with all of the November events. One question- does the discovery of the artifacts in Gustavia delay the construction as happens often in other countries?

Ellen, you are amazing in all that you do, quite the multi-tasker, with great appreciation from NancySC, now back to reading the 1st issue of the season !