The New York Times: "Eden Rock, a St. Barts Favorite, Reopens Its Doors"

Re: The New York Times: "Eden Rock, a St. Barts Favorite, Reopens Its Doors"

"a half-mile boardwalk winds around the lagoon [l'étang de Saint-Jean] and is open to people who aren't staying at the hotel"

very generous of Eden Rock to allow the general public to enjoy the public space. :rolleyes:

INDEED!

granted, the Matthews, along with a certain Russian oligarch, were generous donors to the restoration project. majority of the funding still came from the COM. and I'm not blaming the writer's suggestion on the Matthews, but awkwardly and off-puttingly stated.

also, the French island is generally spelled Guadeloupe.
and of all the things to write about the ER opening . . . plastic straws :rolleyes:

The article mentions the "previous three restaurants and bars" pre Irma. I only remember two restaurants...Sand Bar and then the dinner place up the stairs (The Roc?). Am I forgetting one?

I count it as 2 restaurants and 2 bars, 2+2=4. The lower bar may have been considered part of Sand Bar, so perhaps 2+1=3?

Opening of Eden Rock means ‘the island is now gully open for tourists.’
Wrong- without the Guanahani and lunch at the Indigo the island is not fully open.

Cheval Blanc opening end of this month. Carl zgustaf..not yet either.

Cheval Blanc opening end of this month. Carl zgustaf..not yet either.
Carl Gustaf now looking at late January / early February.

Carl Gustaf now looking at late January / early February.
Not according to Dominque Desseigne. But he’s only the PDG :cool:

Dominique Desseigne, PDG du groupe Barrière, a convoqué la presse au restaurant Le Fouquet’s de Paris pour présenter le tout nouvel établissement de luxe du groupe, celui de Saint-Barthélemy. Il a confirmé l’ouverture de l’hôtel pour le mois de décembre 2019, malgré les doutes de nombreux observateurs sur l’île, qui notent que les travaux sont assez loin d’être achevés.

This December opening he insists.

It is like a bustling bee hive on site...so much happening and so much that needs to be done.nw

We shall see.