Cafe Gloriette lunch

cec1

Senior Insider
. . . being “challenged” in posting photos, I only can describe the healthy, tasty, & beautiful-to- view salad I had today for lunch!At its center, served in a lovely, black-ish colored, round ceramic, Asian-inspired bowl, was fresh Mahi tartare on a bed of quinoa, mixed with kernels of fresh yellow corn, small pieces of chopped black olives, & pomegranate seeds. Surrounding all of this were leaves of fresh spinach & fennel, paper-thin sliced carrots, cucumber, & radishes, and pickled caperberries & quartered cherry tomatoes. Overlaying all . . . a thinly sliced avocado. Enjoyed with iced, freshly brewed green tea. Everything dairy & gluten free! Sandra Balayn everyday sets a very high standard in dining well-being . . . in an intimate, refined, understated setting, sensitively aided in service by the enduring Nadine. Enjoy a visit with them sometime!

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 1.37.53 PM.jpg

I think your descriptions oftentimes paint a better picture than the actual picture...

I'm looking forward to stopping in one day next week for a pint of vanilla rhum and ordering a case (or two:thinking1:) to be shipped home...

Dennis,

I'm so glad to hear that Nadine is still on the island! Her smile can light up a room, it's always such a treat to see her.

Sue

B7C3624D-405B-445D-A88F-5B76355803A4.jpg
07B24D5F-5491-4398-9B4B-2FEEB730C80F.jpg
913B715A-3BFA-4CB6-8AA4-6D7CF38DAEE2.jpg

Agreed, Jim, Dennis’ descriptions of anything he posts about are sublime! We, too, enjoyed Cafe Gloriette this past April. Attached are some lovely examples of the fine fare offered there. The salads are as beautiful as they are delicious, and that quiche was excellent as well. Don’t forget to pickup some delicious Gloriette rhum to enjoy back at your villa or hotel! Fingers crossed that my pics post properly).

Lunch at La Gloriette (with feet in the sand, waves of the sea softly lapping, followed by a walk on the beach and a hour or two in the lounge chairs) will always bring up fond memories for us, but Café Gloriette has created a fresh and different experience by providing pretty and healthy dishes to those of us who tend to overdo while on vacation. Kudos to Sandra and family for reading the market just right twice!!!

Nadine has a lock on customer service! She's always ready with a smile and hug. She takes great pleasure in creating the beautiful plates filled with fresh and healthy daily offerings at Cafe Gloriette.