"Another Op'nin', Another Show" (thank you Cole Porter!)

cec1

Senior Insider
. . . back on SBH! Saturday arrival, with a great Santa Fe lunch (a very big bowl of "moulles")! Friends David & Alix were welcoming, as always . . . and a perfect day! Saturday evening saw me in my usual seat at L'Esprit . . . last here in September, and the "usual suspects" are still in place (one new addition – a couple of nights a week – is a long time & dear friend from days of La Gloriette . . . Nadine, a sweetheart, for sure!). Sunday evening was a return – with festive, great friends -- to Santa Fe, where I had a new "special," which is best described as a French version of "pulled pork" – as only the French can do it!

Weather has been wonderful . . . even today's rain! (Note to folks unfamiliar with navigating the Camaruche hill when raining . . . if you have 4-wheel drive, use it; if not, use low gear and patiently & slowly crawl up the hill – if the rear wheels of your vehicle start spinning, as happened to American visitors in front of me today, don't panic; simply put on the brake, take a deep breath, and start again . . . very slow & patiently!)

A couple of nice lunches at Le Sereno. The restaurant staff is almost entirely new . . . one return-ee from last season. (The staff now includes four fellows named "Andrea," including the chef.) The newbies include a number of young men & women from Sicily – fun to talk with them (some are very fluent in English as a result of work in other venues, while others struggle in English). I can't get over how every one of them looks like he / she could be my great-grandchild! (And I still think of myself – until I pass a mirror – as looking like one of them!) A new chef, though I forget from which Italian city. Food still is wonderful (actually, REALLY good . . . perhaps better than ever!), though I today had to tell the chef that the portions need to be up'd a little bit in size.

The Villa pool is at a great temperature . . . kind of like the sea. Refreshing as I slip into the water (often the "slip" is a big splash!), and it quickly becomes a comfortable tub of bathwater. Very nice at any time, but particularly in the late evening, as I enjoy recollections of my days on St. Barths.

. . . and only if you've read this far will you know that my appreciation in being part of opening "the season" for so many years brings me, again, to invite friends – known and yet to be joined! – for a "cocktail," as the French say, on Friday evening, November 8, from 5 – 6 PM at Santa Fe Restaurant. (Yes, literally an "hour!" because the crew there needs us to clear-out before we conflict with the arriving dinner crowd. If we're lucky, however, it'll be a time of a beautiful sunset!) If you plan to attend, I would appreciate a confirming note.

Sunny (even rainy!) regards to all . . . hope to see many of you in coming days. A Bientot!

Hey Dennis- just to be sure I would have a separate post for your get together. Knowing the demographics here some people may fall asleep before the end of your post. :party:

Hey Dennis- just to be sure I would have a separate post for your get together. Knowing the demographics here some people may fall asleep before the end of your post. :party:

I know, Andy . . . it’s something of a test. “You snooze, you lose.”

Dennis-thank you so much for the invite for cocktails at Santa Fe. Phil and I look forward to your gatherings and sharing in your heartfelt enjoyment of getting the forum family together.

So start the list:
Dennis
Phil and Amy

Thank you, Kevin, Kate, Phil, & Amy . . . for signing-on! Looking forward to a reunion . . . with a great history in doing so!

I loved reading your report, Dennis! Makes me feel like I’m there....as we are getting about a foot of snow here today in Denver!
Wish we could go to the meet up; but hopefully there will be another end of January, beginning of February! :cool: