Le Toiny Restaurant Change - Jarad at Le Toiny

KevinS

Senior Insider
The restaurant at Le Toiny is now Jarad at Le Toiny. From the hotel webpage:

"Our signature restaurant offers a unique approach to your dream meal.
Jarad McCarroll our executive artistic chef will be your guide through a magical journey that will be indeed the highlight of one of the evenings.
You will be able to create the desired menu of your choice and thanks to his expertise and our Relais & Chateaux signature,
quality and satisfaction of your guests is assured in all musical atmosphere."

For more info, see the hotel's restaurant page at https://letoiny.com/the-restaurants

So, chef been at Le Toiny for couple of years, but owners decided now to name restaurant after him.
Hmmm

I met & spent some time with him last year. Very nice guy, & the “tasting” that I had with him was excellent. I suspect, however, that the restaurant hasn’t “caught fire,” as the old venue did at Le Toiny.

We tried the Beach club for the first time ever last March and loved it. We also tried the restaurant in the hotel (for the first time since Irma) and found the menu extremely limited. I just took a peak at the menu provided from above and still find it so. It's a shame because we loved the menu pre-Irma (the risotto was delicious!).

For us the restaurant at the beach was just ok after two tries. We miss Le Gaiac and especially the Sunday brunches. We Remember their giant cheese wheel sliced/carved to order!

We tried the beach restaurant for the first time our last visit...we actually liked it and enjoyed our long leisurely lunch on the beach with after lunch cigar and rhum on a nice couch by the sea...and the ride in the safari type vehicle down and up to parking lot was cool...

We also tried the restaurant in the hotel (for the first time since Irma) and found the menu extremely limited. I just took a peak at the menu provided from above and still find it so. I

I wonder if they haven't posted their new menu yet. The menu hasn't changed since our last trip and seems odd that they would rebrand the restaurant with the same menu.

We used to love dinner at Le Gaiac the truffle pasta was the best in the Parm Wheel. December 2018 was disappointing dinner. And we also went to their beach restaurant for the 2nd time and wasn’t wowed at all.

I think unless they bring back the truffle pasta in the wheel we will skip it this year.

I think unless they bring back the truffle pasta in the wheel we will skip it this year.[/QUOTE]

The restaurant has changed its name. I do not understand how you drop a signature fish from the menu. Certainly, an island classic that received raves for many many years. And a dish that will be fondly mentioned on this forum for many years.

The restaurant has changed its name. I do not understand how you drop a signature fish from the menu. Certainly, an island classic that received raves for many many years. And a dish that will be fondly mentioned on this forum for many years.

Agree on that signature dish. We also loved the Sunday brunch, which was why we rarely did Nikki Sunday Funday until after Le Gaiac closed.

No iteration of the replacement restaurant(s) has "caught fire" as Dennis says. Wonder why?

Agree on that signature dish. We also loved the Sunday brunch, which was why we rarely did Nikki Sunday Funday until after Le Gaiac closed.

No iteration of the replacement restaurant(s) has "caught fire" as Dennis says. Wonder why?

There are so many variables that go into a successful restaurant, I'd say quality and style of food, ambiance, service, and a friendly face such as Randy at Maya's, Andy at the Hideaway, Greg at Orega, Hervé at QG, etc...

other thoughts??

Ellen, you can add David and Alex at Santa Fe, Jean-Claude and Christophe at L’Esprit, Valerie at Bananiers, Nadine and Sandra at Cafe Gloriette, Anna and Ricardo and Andreas at L’Isola, Patrick at Black Ginger just some that popped into my head. I know from the minute Wearrive at their entranceway that these friendly smiling hosts will deliver a dining delight.

Ellen, you can add David and Alex at Santa Fe, Jean-Claude and Christophe at L’Esprit, Valerie at Bananiers, Nadine and Sandra at Cafe Gloriette, Anna and Ricardo and Andreas at L’Isola, Patrick at Black Ginger just some that popped into my head. I know from the minute Wearrive at their entranceway that these friendly smiling hosts will deliver a dining delight.

exactly...

Well, well, well. Gault et Millau likes him. A lot.

Indeed...

IMG_6633-2.jpeg

Chef of the Year for St Barth... the restaurant that now bears his name is one of 2 island restaurants rated at 3 Toques... the other is La Case de l’Isle...

Ellen, je suppose que "peyi" veut dire "pays" en créole ?

So, is Eddie "creole chef of the year", or how would you translate this récompense ?