All Saints Day- 11/1

andynap

Senior Insider
FYI to all on the island. This Friday is a holy day with many establishments closed. More to come.

FYI to all on the island. This Friday is a holy day with many establishments closed. More to come.

211E9EF5-380A-43EE-BF77-FBE21B4C2BC6.jpg

I’ve never been present for this, but I think the candlelight cimetières services on Toussaint following evening mass at Lorient are very special and touching.

Very special, Cass. The glow in the cemeteries from the lit candles placed respectfully and lovingly on the graves makes for an unforgettable and touching scene.

Amy beautifully captures the serenity & solemnity of this image. I would only add that glimpsed in the subtle light of candles is the hushed movement of family members — multiple generations — gathered to respectfully honor ancestors . . . a tradition that quietly passes onto successive generations the esteem of those who brought them to today.

Tomorrow would have been my Dad’s 96th birthday . . . typically being on the island for the Toussaint celebration, it’s a time when I am reminded of & grateful for all of the important things in life that I learned from him.

All three AMC markets (Libre Service Gustavia, Airport Superette, Lorinet Mini-Mart) will be closed on Friday, November 1.

Capture.JPG