First day shopping list?

Two of my faves!

We typically don't buy much booze on the island as we tend to go out for cocktails but I am rethinking this now. You can make a lot of nice drinks with that combo especially if you throw in some tonic and lime.

Two of my faves!

We typically don't buy much booze on the island as we tend to go out for cocktails but I am rethinking this now. You can make a lot of nice drinks with that combo especially if you throw in some tonic and lime.

In November and early December, sunset is around 5:30. So perfect time for a cocktail in the pool before showering up for dinner.

We would add several different pates, crackers, some cured meats such as salami and prosciutto and fresh squeezed orange juice.
Selection of Pates from Marche is essential for us as we snack on them and replenish the whole trip. Rose and ice for the home and beach and I always bring my trusty Ice Mule backpack cooler for Saline and Gouverneour, one of the great inventions. Keeps ice cold for 24 hours and functions as my carry on with 2 days emergency clothes.

So as a fan of all things "gear" I had to google Ice Mule and see what that is about. Very cool and nice price! Looks like it packs down pretty small. What size do you have?

I guess we should have learned more about these before splurging on the Yeti....

Quite a savings if you enjoy a cocktail or two or glass of wine at the Villa or Hotel room as spirits without the taxes are reasonably priced in the stores.

marybeth - I have a fairly big mule, which will hold 2 cases of beer. There are a lot more sizes and models than when I purchased. Even the one I have fits in my suitcase if I wish. I bought mine at the Orvis at the Galleria in Mt. Lebanon. Unfortunately it does not come in Steeler black & gold. Rick

marybeth - I have a fairly big mule, which will hold 2 cases of beer. There are a lot more sizes and models than when I purchased. Even the one I have fits in my suitcase if I wish. I bought mine at the Orvis at the Galleria in Mt. Lebanon. Unfortunately it does not come in Steeler black & gold. Rick

Thanks Rick! Thinking we don’t need one that big :biglaugh: but the smaller ones look great for a beach picnic. Will have to check them out at Orvis, it’s just down the street from us. Guessing you’re in the South Hills as well?

Thanks Rick! Thinking we don’t need one that big :biglaugh: but the smaller ones look great for a beach picnic. Will have to check them out at Orvis, it’s just down the street from us. Guessing you’re in the South Hills as well?
MB - We live in Fox Chapel but I grew up close to the Galleria location, in the Foster School area, and later lived on Midway. We have been hooked on St. Barths since our first trip some years ago.

The essentials...Aprol Spritz & Negroni.

I'm good with the Negroni. The spritz I'll use to clean the windows and floor.

As eggs and boudin are added to the list, I would add chipolatas. My favorites breakfast is some eggs and chipolatas with butter fried baguette. Getting hungry just thinking about it.

Then some cigars to go with the sunset Negroni.