Best for lunch

A big complaint against it, Marybeth, is that “it was nearly empty.” It’s often true . . . for some reason, the restaurant is not on the dining radar screen. The food, however, is excellent . . . service is gracious . . . beautiful view . . . you can sit with “toes in the sand,” if you like. With respect to the lack of a crowd there, I find it to be serene & restful. I hope that you enjoy it!

A big complaint against it, Marybeth, is that “it was nearly empty.” It’s often true . . . for some reason, the restaurant is not on the dining radar screen. The food, however, is excellent . . . service is gracious . . . beautiful view . . . you can sit with “toes in the sand,” if you like. With respect to the lack of a crowd there, I find it to be serene & restful. I hope that you enjoy it!
Not to hijack the thread, but do you have the same thoughts for dinner (sans the toes in the sand)? We made a reservation there because we wanted to sit out by the water somewhere and we ended up picking Le Sereno. Very few reviews on here, but all seemed positive. Which reminds me we made the reservation and haven't heard back yet...hmmm...

Not to hijack the thread, but do you have the same thoughts for dinner (sans the toes in the sand)?
. . . beautiful at dinner. Subtle lighting. Usually a bit of a breeze off of Grand Cul de Sac. Flawless service. Exquisite food and presentation. There typically are a mixture of tables with Hotel guests and visitors. The Venezuelan owner often is in residence and dining there with his family. Design and furnishings have been crafted by French interior designer Christian Liaigre in his signature style of understated luxury.

Santa Fe, Nikki and Pearl Beach. Looking forward to trying Lil’ Rock this trip. Also considering Aux Amis. Can you use their pool loungers with lunch?

Still missing La Gloriette....:(

MaryBeth - we had a great lunch here last year and it is definitely on our list again for December. We were offered loungers by the pool after lunch. The beach loungers were all taken by the hotel guests. The pool was too busy and loud, so we didn’t stay. The food was delicious and we loved all the people watching.

charlotte

. . . beautiful at dinner. Subtle lighting. Usually a bit of a breeze off of Grand Cul de Sac. Flawless service. Exquisite food and presentation. There typically are a mixture of tables with Hotel guests and visitors. The Venezuelan owner often is in residence and dining there with his family. Design and furnishings have been crafted by French interior designer Christian Liaigre in his signature style of understated luxury.
Now THAT is a review that has me looking forward to my dining experience :up:

Now THAT is a review that has me looking forward to my dining experience :up:

Our experience is spot on to Dennis' description. Super romantic, beautifully lit, over the top service and wonderful food.

The only thing that has kept us away the last couple of visits is that we were one of two or three tables.

Tamarin was always our favorite for a long decadent luxurious lunch... miss that..
Wondering what the status is now with them..are Paco and Julie still involved or has it moved on yet another ownership

MaryBeth - we had a great lunch here last year . . . We were offered loungers by the pool after lunch. The beach loungers were all taken by the hotel guests. The pool was too busy and loud, so we didn’t stay. The food was delicious and we loved all the people watching.

charlotte

. . . charlotte . . . what restaurant / hotel are you referencing?

We find both Mango snd Manypany for lunch are consistently very good and enjoy their views, although Mango’s is of the pool area. La Langouste doesn’t have much of a view but food is always good.

I’m sorry to be difficult in this conversation, But, Lil’ Rock in response to a query about “a place where the food always is outstanding?” REALLY? I’m astounded. A “wonderful lunch venue,” perhaps — but the food is ordinary, the service is terrible, & it’s not inexpensive, Nonetheless, I can find it to be a relaxing venue . . . being willing, in some circumstances, to overpay for mediocre food & bad service.

I get the points of view in replies that have offered restaurant suggestions. I only get hung up in considering whether replies are responsive to the poster’s specification of “where the food is always outstanding.”

Spot on accounting of this place Dennis.

“Tamarin was always our favorite for a long decadent luxurious lunch... miss that..
Wondering what the status is now with them..are Paco and Julie still involved or has it moved on yet another ownership...”

We used to love Tamarin for lunch. Wonder what happened to the parrot?

Thanks all, I did see the helpful responses. Apologies, but one more Le Sereno question Dinner question if I may interrupt the lunch theme of this thread one more time. I heard back from them about my reservation and I told them I wanted a table near the water with a view. They asked which of the following I prefer and since I only walked through there once and can't recall exactly what it looks like or what the set up is I was hoping for some help. This is from them with my thoughts/comments after the "-":

1) "one of two little tables with a very nice view on the lagoon in the restaurant" - my concern here is comfort. What is a little table?
2) "Dinner on the Beach "toes in the sand"" - love toes in the sand for lunch but for dinner was thinking no, but maybe taking them up on the request to have a drink on the beach and then dinner in the restaurant
3) "Another spot in the restaurant which is all open on the outdoor" - not sure how nice the view would be inside the main restaurant. I'm guessing it would be nice

Thanks for any suggestions. I guess what I'm wondering is if you had your choice of any table there, which would you pick? Or if what I wrote above helps at all, which would you pick for me? I was leaning towards the "little tables with a very nice view of the lagoon in the restaurant" but just wasn't sure about the word "little" being used and if they are normal tables and chairs or something different.

Heck, this can help someone with their lunch themed questions too, so I take back my apology :wink2: Thanks again in advance

I'd tell them that you want cocktails on the beach (assuming that you go early enough to have some fading daylight . . . i.e., I don't think that sitting on the beach for a cocktail, with artificial illumination, is interesting -- except perhaps after dinner). Then, get "one of two little tables with a very nice view on the lagoon in the restaurant." These are the tables that I covet when eating there with one other person or alone. Seated next to each other at a small-ish square table, you can look directly to the bay, with your backs to the restaurant. It's like having a room to yourselves as you see nothing behind you!

I'd tell them that you want cocktails on the beach (assuming that you go early enough to have some fading daylight . . . i.e., I don't think that sitting on the beach for a cocktail, with artificial illumination, is interesting -- except perhaps after dinner). Then, get "one of two little tables with a very nice view on the lagoon in the restaurant." These are the tables that I covet when eating there with one other person or alone. Seated next to each other at a small-ish square table, you can look directly to the bay, with your backs to the restaurant. It's like having a room to yourselves as you see nothing behind you!
Thanks!!! I'll go for one of those 2 tables.