Dinner October 16, 2019 LE REPAIRE

amyb

Senior Insider
Arrived and parked in Gustavia in time to watch a load of folks depart the arriving 8pm ferry--FYI, all walked steadily down the ramps and out to the sidewalk and none were crying.

I digress.

We were visiting an island staple, Erik and his restaurant Le Repaire. Though not fully staffed yet, we were welcomed by familiar faces and seated at the railing. Yes there was a nice soft breeze, but also auto and scooter fumes. A you win some you lose some arrangement. And take note, smokers are seated at the railing too.

We enjoyed our dinner and just being there. Phil had the chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce with mashed potatoes. I had the special...barely seared sliced belly of tuna over a generous green salad with thinly sliced vegetables under a light oil and vinegar dressing. The tender tuna was wonderful--a great special.

We finished with rhum vanille and so glad to be back on island and visiting old haunts.

Passed the Goose, and hard for me to believe they can complete the new hotel in 2019....wishing them well. You can't miss the site as it is built inches from the road.

Erik is so nice, as is his son, Clovis, who also works in the restaurant (another son, Cliff, used to work at La Langouste, but I understand that he's going / has gone somewhere else -- perhaps Lil' Rock?) I like Le Repaire at all times, but most particularly breakfast, lunch, and as a great spot to stop for a drink and small snack. Great mussels and soups!

Amy & Phil, where to tonight 10/17...QG or in the countryside if open ? Inquiring minds do want to know !

Love Le Repaire. Mostly lunches in the past, but was our first dinner this past visit as we had a pre-villa night next door at the Sunset Hotel.

Always Le Repaire for our first night with an ooing and ahhing gawk at the Dolce and Gabbana windows. (Would never dare go in)
For us, the fumes and watching the last ferry in is part of the the experience that makes it what it is. Wouldn’t change it for the world.