DINNER October 15, 2019 L'ISOLA

amyb

Senior Insider
Opening night-how could we not go?

Everything sparkling and all candles aglow as we arrived. Anna had a warm welcoming smile and hug for us and the guys are mostly new but meet the standard requirements for working here; cheerful, friendly, and loaded Italian suaveness...did I just make up a word? In any case my favorite wairer Andreas was back and that made my night.

Oh, the food.

We shared fresh Buffalo mozzarella with halved firm and tasty cherry tomatoes.

Phil loved the Spaghetti Bolognese and I had the warm seafood-sauteed scallops, shrimp and calamari with arugala and yellow and red peppers.

Great ambiance, service and food and wine. Oh, and a marvelous Bellini too! Welcome back.

Reading your report, Amy . . . I can see the room, just as though I were with you. It’s an elegantly staged setting, & the food always manages to match the scene for quality & enjoyment. Very glad to get your report!

A fabulous report, Amy! I felt like we were right there with you. Always one of our favorite dining options. Can’t wait to get back to enjoy this well run restaurant.

I see you're settling into the new season quite nicely, friends. L'Isola, especially with you two, is a treat; happy to know it's still got it!

Did not happen, Tatiana. I will confess that A plate with mini butter cookies and chocolate nut drops disappeared...a tasty gift from the kitchen.

So many places we were at closing night, so very exciting to see it all come back to life.