Flight v. Ferry for Nervous Traveler

Thank YOU for all the feedback! I can't tell you how helpful this has been to get some real advice apart from some of what I've been reading out there. I really appreciate it!!

I would take the flight. We HAD to take the ferry one time because it was too windy and all plane flights were cancelled. It was kind of crazy. We went to the upper deck thinking we would have less chance up there of getting sea sick, but the waves were huge. My wife was stuck on one side of the boat and couldn't make her way over to me and it was raining. Finally a very large man grabbed her and got her under the overhang and out of the rain.

It is a personal decision for sure. But, I will give you my two cents. In 30 plus years of visits to St. Barth, we only took the ferry once---had to as we missed the last plane out of SXM. Never again! We did not get sick but people all around us did. It was dreadful. Follow Missy's advice and ease your anxiety by taking a pill. And also, as has been noted, focus of taking pictures from the plane. The flight will be over before you know it! The exhilaration of coming down the stairs and putting your feet on the tarmac, anticipating your wonderful vacation, will make you realize flying is the way to go.